Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagman

Goodbye Prost

So thats it for Prost GP then, cant say I am surprised given the amount of debt they had, but I am a little sad about it.

No 'Cinderella story' like Minardi had this time last year, no saviour, just lost jobs and less cars to watch race.

I haven't heard anything in a while about Dieter Mateschitz's (Red Bull Boss) plans for Arrows to become The All American Team.

Cadillac? Er...no.

They don't have any worldwide marketing strategy to speak of - their main marketing area being in the USA. If they wanted the right exposure they would go into CART or ALMS - why exactly they went to Le Mans, I'm not sure, but clearly that's a blue riband event in America as well.

F1 is ideal for someone like VW/Audi, Proton/Lotus or a rich company such as Red Bull, who want Pan-European exposure as well as a world-wide audience.

Not Cadillac, but Pontiac or some other American car manufacturer is a possibility because they are more worldwide. I could see Lotus going after it though...

True Cadillac is not too likely, but as I have no inside hook-ups I'm just going by my opinions on what I've read, and several articles about the Red Bull story have suggested GM, using the Cadillac brand.

But Pontiac, that sounds like it would be popular, good thinking.

I thought I remembered Chrysler being spoken of?

Also, I read somewhere that another team can still fill Prost's slot this year, although very unlikely as time is short.

Another team could get into Prost's place, but it wont happen - not nearly enough time and it would be a waste of money.

Chrysler - Pontiac = All GM. Im thinking an American manufacturer would get into F1 because they are spreading their markets more worldwide now. We'll see...