Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

robf1

Is Renault really back on track ?

Is Renault really back ? Are they going to shine a bit this year ? Do you think that Button is up to the task ?

What about Villeneuve ? Could he make a difference ?

I would love to see Villeneuve with the French team.

He is the one who could bring more credibility to that team.

I don't know man, i think a podium would really be pushing it this year.  Maybe next year though.  Possibly partly due to the driver line up Button and Trulli.  I don't think they would be able to get it on the podium this year.  Neither driver i think will be able to develop the car that quickly, and if they got JV i don't think he'd do any better job as he hasn't done much with BAR.  

If Renault stick around and really put alot of effort and time into developing the car then it should be really competitive in 2 years.  But they would need to get the team to gel, drivers working well together and getting the whole team onside and working well together as one big focused unit aiming towards that common goal.  Oh doesn't that sound sweet, lets all hold hands and hug. haha.

To develop the team they need a driver who can push and spur the team on, but who that would be other than Michael, i don't know.

Catch you later

Nick

Renault = surprise of the year.

Having two young drivers like Trulli and Button is good, as they both drive each other on, and as a result - the team.

Trulli isn't a race driver - he toughs it out in qualifying - he's a one-lap wonder.

Button is as yet an unknown quantity. Is he good? Or is he bad? He HAS to outperform the rated Trulli to be in with a chance. A large part of that is making sure you have a well-developed car in the first place.