Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

FIA introduce one-engine rule

Under new regulations to be introduced by the FIA, teams will be limited to one engine per car for each three-day grand prix weekend.

The World Motor Sport Council met in Paris today, and the following decisions were made:

Engine limitation during the event: From 1 January 2004, each driver may use only one engine for the three days of a Grand Prix weekend. Each time his engine is changed during the event, the driver will move back 10 places on the grid. The FIA, in consultation with the teams, will define an engine change so as to prevent the rebuilding of an engine at the circuit. Use of its spare car counts as use of an additional engine.

Chassis: The FIA has undertaken not to change the Formula One chassis regulations for the two years 2003 and 2004.

Penalties available to the stewards: In addition to their existing powers, the stewards have been given the power to move a driver involved in an incident 10 places back from his qualifying position for the grid at the next event (immediate application).

Cars delayed at the start of the formation lap: Any car which is still unable to leave the grid under its own power 30 seconds after the green light will be pushed to the pit lane (immediate application).

Race numbers: Race numbers will follow the Constructors’ Championship order of the previous year, except for the numbers 1 and 2, which go to the team for which the World Champion is driving. "

:0

Back ten places on qualifing position if a driver needs a new engine, much better than the 'back of the grid' proposal.  Avoids the question I raised in another topic about if several drivers blow the engines.

No chassis changes, good because the only changes the spectators want the FIA don't (like wider track, etc), so the cars won't get worse until at least 2005.

Move offending drivers back in the next race, sort of torn on this one.  Sounds harsh, but at least they have time to analyse an accident a little more (they only have about 25 minutes at the moment) and there is time for appeal.

Cars that can't move, is this one just making official what usually happens as a matter of course.

And the race numbers that doesn't sound like a change at all, are they just emphasising this after Peter Sauber managed to keep it this way .

And the race numbers that doesn't sound like a change at all, are they just emphasising this after Peter Sauber managed to keep it this way .

The race numbers is different.  Currently all the teams numbers change depending on where they finish.  If i read the news correctly, now only the first team will change numbers to 1 and 2 and all the others will keep their same numbers.  The previous 1-2 team will take on the numbers of the new 1-2 team.

I think it is a god money saving idea, it saves teams having to print new stuff with their new numbes on them every year, but I dont like the way that teams who finish a year higher than the previous year dont get a 'reward' of a lower number (unless they win).

What are talking about????? you guys agree with this???????????????

this is insane!!!!!! this is f1 for gods sake!!!!! are we trying to take out the whole racing idea??????

its ridiculous. shall we have a lottery for grid position. why even bother at all.

what exactly happens if the last place car has to change the engine????????? no disadvantage at all.

sounds to me like all the drivers will be pussy footing around the track. scared to pass in case they get a 10 place penalty imposed, robbing them of their hard earned placing the next race!!!!!!!!! whats going on there?????

where can i send mail to the fia and tell them how ridiculous i think this is????????

we are also going to see a great reduction in speed surely. can they bulid an engine to travel that distance. and still go as fast???????????????