Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sw4me

what will it be at mclaren next year?

Well, its been confirmed that Mika has the Mclaren contract ready and waiting. Kimi has told press the simple answer of "No." when he was asked "Can you in any way possible lose your seat to Mika next year?"

Overall, DC has had championship winning cars for several years now and hasnt come very close, I dont think RD can stand it much longer (rest of this season). What Im really wondering is, what about Alex Wurz? He has been fast as fast can be in testing, could he be in for a seat? He came close last year before Mclaren caught Kimi, he was the DEFINITE second choice after Raikkonen....

Its all down to Mika, and I dont believe hes done for quite yet. He seemed way way too happy on the podium at Indy to look like a guy that was demotivated and didnt want to race anymore.

Man, that was last September, many things could have happened with him since then and whats to say he realises how much he is enjoying life, eating and drinking what he wants and having all that time with the Hakkinen tribe?

And in the back of his head he wonders if he comes back will he look like a fool (like mansell did) or will he still have it.  He will also wonder how quick Kimi is and he will see how DC is having trouble and wonder if it is worth the potiential tarnish on his sheen...

I reckon we have seen the last of him as an F1 driver

I definitely reckon its time that old DC was given the boot. Any driver that gives up on his chances after only 2 races of the season is finished (mentally if not physically). Of the choices above I'll have to go with Mika & Kimi. However I'm not so sure that Mika will be back so I wouldn't be at all surprised to see Kimi and Wurz paired together next year.   :D

Would Nick still have the upper hand over Kimi (I hope so), or would a year in a front running team, and a year learning the team give Kimi the edge.  Nick knows them from his testing days but that was over 2 years ago (3 by then).

I think it would be awesome.

If it happens will you be able to buy anything other than a silver Mercedes in Finland (or West cigarettes for that matter)?

DC will go to Sauber, while Nick Heidfeld will get snatched up to Ferrari as payback for Mclaren taking Raikkonen. I dont see Burti or Badoer getting a Ferrari seat, and my first idea is really off the top of my head.

I do think though that Heidfeld will get promoted next year. Williams I think is going good with Ralf/Montoya for now, but maybe they want Button back. But then maybe Button wants to stay at Renault (I think so, as they are getting better) and that all depends on how the R202 does for the rest of the year. Opinions?

Back to DC though, I would say one of the following: Renault (if Button goes to Williams, dont think so) Sauber, BAR (very likely as Villeneuve is gone, maybe another Renault bidder), Jaguar (just as likely as BAR, Irvine wont be there next year. To be honest its such a wide open guess, there are only 22 spots on the grid, maybe 24.

:D I love the consensus developing here. My sympathies with DC. I hope he does a big one this time for McLaren. But, if McLaren decide to release him I think that he will most probably be picked up by Renault. They seem to be having a fat purse. Williams may also decide to pick him as I guess Sir Frank has had enough of the Ralf - Montoya spats.

:D

I don't think he'll be at Renault they have a choice between Button (if Frank doesn't want him), Trulli, and Alonso :)

I think DC's most likely destination would be Jaguar to replace Eddie. Jenson is solidifying his position quite nicely so far, so he is likely to stay, or replace Ralf, should Williams drop him.  

Although I will say that Jarno has not done much to shake his reputation on race day, and I don't think he's above replacement.

I think Williams would prefer Button over DC. I also think JV will stay at BAR.

I'm not sure that Nick would get the McLaren vacancy, despite his Mercedes connection...he has been passed over once already.

So many possibilities.

This should be a most interesting silly season, and we're only into the 3rd race.   :)