Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamie85

Onboard Computers

I dont know if any of you will know much about the computers used onboard F1 cars, but if you do please read on!

Im studying computing for real-time systems at university, and of course this include engine management in cars, and in an F1 car, that must go much further than just managing the engine.

I was wondering if any of you know anything about programming for F1 cars. I would love to go and work for an F1 team but i have the feeling with their budgets, they would only employ the best.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Jamie.

Yeah you need to have plenty of previous experience and be proven to be one of the best (a sparkling CV would help :P ), I wouldn't mind going into that aero, mixing my passion for F1 with my clear career path (IT/Computer Systems/Programming). I am a long way off looking at anything like that though. I think if you had the right qualifications tough and with a bit of luck you probably could get a job in an F1 team working on the software for the cars. You would most likely recieve some on the job training from an experienced coworker.

Check out the BAR-Honda website, go to the jobs section and they have a job going for computer systems technician or something like that.

Yeah ive just finished my 1st year at uni so am a long way off in that respect. But it would be great fun working in a team on the placement year i get on my course (year 3). Another attraction to the job would be travelling around the world with the team.