Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Button asked to take 2 million pound pay cut

Reports coming out of Renault believe Jenson Button has been asked to accept a 2 million pound cut, leaving him with a salary of just 1 million, in the hope he turns it down!

A tabloid newspaper have reported that the team have already done a deal with Test Driver Alonso for 2003, however the team are waiting for Button to find another seat before announcing it, as they don't want to appear to be pushing him out of the team.

By having Fernando and Trulli side by side at the team, boss Flavio Briatore will receive a percentage of their wages, as the flamboyant Italian manages both drivers, however he doesn't want people thinking that Button's departure is simply to line his own pockets

"It's a very delicate situation for Flavio. If Jenson decided to leave the team and drive somewhere else it would make things a lot easier,

Hasn't Button said he is willing to take a cut in order to stay with Renault. Somehow I don't think he was expecting that much.

I'm not too caught up on how it happens but I would like to see both Alonso and Button in F1 next year.