Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 SamB

BAR

Were BAR destined to fail right from the start, or was the seed for success there?

Any particular person to blame? Or was the only way they managed to work together as a team in the way they all failed so spectacularly?

2002 is a make-or-break year for them. Will it ever come together?

It went wrong when they signed an engine deal with Honda, its just not powerful enough! They should have gone for another make and let Jordan have Honda, perhaps they could have brought something new into F1, like Volkswagen or maybe an American manufacturer, like Chevrolet or Dodge or something of the sort. Chevrolet could probably have made something nice and speedy, just look at the Corvette...

Or then brought something back from the Golden Days of F1, like Alfa Romeo or something from england like MG?

But I know the engine is the problem because in 2001, even Ferrari's 2000 engine in the Sauber outclassed the BAR and Jordan cars...

MG are having a load of financial problems, and can't even manage to fine a decent outfit to field their rally and touring car efforts for them...

I'm thinking along the lines of Volkswagen or Audi getting in on the act soon - or perhaps Proton/Lotus...

Lotus would be a good bet, but Im sure every car manufacturer would ideally want to be in F1...

I still say that no matter how badly VW deny it, they are planning an entry into the series.