Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thor

Coulthard's option 2005

Recommended Posts

Coulthard's position at the Woking-based outfit, which he joined in 1996, is looking very shaky at present. Recent speculation in the media, and all logic, suggests that the Scot is on his way out at the end of next year in order to make room for Juan Pablo Montoya.

Where do you think he will go 2005,I predict it will be at Toyota instead of Panis.

And possible at Jaguar if Webber goes to Renault :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am not sure about Coulthard, this year could be his swan song. he might find it has hard is Jacques did to get another seat.

I have always thoguht that Coulthard is a major under achiever. If you think about his F1 career, just about every year he has been in a car capable of winning a world championship. He must nearly hold the record for being a team mate of a world championion, yet he has hardly ever been in the running for the crown himself.

He is a decent driver (sometimes) but I reckon he has had his chances, didnt take them and it his time is up. There are too many younger, thirstier drivers out there who he will not be able to compete with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely hasn't lived up to potential, yet has raced every season in F1 since 1994 with a top team - Williams and then Mclaren. His worst car was the Mclaren in 1996 - and that car wasn't exactly horrible. So, considering his most serious run for the championship was in 2001, he hasn't done enough to remain where he is.

But he won't be out of F1.

Think about the experience he has! Toyota will be very keen to snatch him up, and I think he will replace Panis. Jaguar is also a possibility, but if it comes down to the wire between Toyota and Jaguar then Toyota will win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah, good point. Experience does count for quite a bit and is worth a lot to the teams, especially the mid to lower teams.

So yeah, I guess Toyota will be keen to snatch him and probably pay him close to what he wants to boot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone seems to assume that David will be leaving McLaren at the end of 2004. While I agree that this seems the most likely scenario, there is also the chance that Kimi will move on - to Ferrari perhaps - especially if Michael was to retire. Rubens will be out of contract and even if Michael stays on I imagine Kimi would relish to challenge of wiping the smug smirk of Schumi's face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Everyone seems to assume that David will be leaving McLaren at the end of 2004.  While I agree that this seems the most likely scenario, there is also the chance that Kimi will move on - to Ferrari perhaps - especially if Michael was to retire.  Rubens will be out of contract and even if Michael stays on I imagine Kimi would relish to challenge of wiping the smug smirk of Schumi's face.

I find it so hard to imagine Kimi at Ferrari, but honestly I can't help but think along the same lines! This would be wholly dependent on Ferrari promising Kimi equal treatment, though, which I think would be fathomable considering Ferrari knows they have two superstars in their cars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:lol: I believe that david will move out of Mclaren because Montoya has already signed on, but Kimi and Montoya is a mixture that will not work. They both want to be the best and no 1 on the team.

David will go to Jaguar for 2005,I hope for 2004 he proves to Mclaren that he is still worth something. Unfortunately Mclaren is dreaming that Montoya is going to perform miracles, but they are very wrong, Kimi will be the no 1 driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hmm. We will see about that. :D

I think McLaren has the potential to be the best team on the grid with Monty and Kimi and I think they will push the hell out of each other.

Ron will always play favourites with Kimi, which I think will lead to a short career at McLaren for Monty.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you are forgetting Prost and Senna

Again I recall Prost when Senna was 'favourite', more than Kimi ever will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But still, i can see Montoya talking back to Ron, but I cant see Kimi doing it and already Kimi is Ron's favourite driver in the team, just like Mika was in years past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He will have lots more time to do milk ads i guess....lol

I guess he`ll end up somewhere. It would be a shame if we were deprived of his annual pre season rantings about how it`s gonna be his year....lol

Cheers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(UN)OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE: COULTHARD TO MINARDI IN '05!

The MinardiF1 team and David Coulthard are pleased to inform the media of a finalised contract between the two parties. Coulthard, who has raced in F1 since 1994, will bring a wealth of experience to the team and has high ambitions for the coming year. The Scot told the press:

"I feel strongly that my new contract with Minardi will spur the team and myself to a higher level. This will be my year, I am determined and positive that this year I will win the championship."

As Coulthard enters his 12th year in the sport, it is officially his eighth year where his predictions have repeated themselves.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

there is a grain of truth to Jens's joke. Every year Coulthard claims it s his year, blah, blah, championship, blah, blah driving better than ever...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a long wait this year, but it has finally happened, DC has made the claim! This is his year AGAIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...