Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Championship contenders

Well definitely there are Michael Schumacher and David Coulthard on that list, but who else?

I say Barrichello, Ralf Schumacher, and Montoya arent championship material YET. And then what about Hakkinen....

Mika can be consistent when he gets his BAD LUCK out of the way and gets on a roll.  Think if Michael Schumacher encounters a sprout of bad luck, dropping out of the next two races with a failure or mistake etc. And lets say Mika wins the next two races, what then? Then what we have is a situation where Hakkinen is 18 points behind Schumacher, a clearly catchable lead (last season). Now at that point DC could be a maximum 26 points ahead of Mika, and once McLaren sees that Mika may be a contender, then surely we will see him scoring more than DC (its the terrible truth, as much as I hate it, even if I do support mika more than DC). Michael could very well drop the next two races (Austria/Germany 2000) and Hakkinen could well win them (Austria/Germany  without the idiotontrack 2000). So until the time of the French/ British GPs I am not saying A SINGLE OPINION onhis chances, as you can very well see from the preceding what is still possible. Opinions???

howdy Jens

Hate to say it, but I think Hakkinen does not have a chance this year.

Its a fight netween DC and Schuey with Ralf and Monty snapping at the heels.

I just hope that DC wins the fight, just to spice up the sport a bit!

jagman i agree with you (as much as I hate it), I believe that Mika is just about done for this season. I just posted to say what CAN STILL HAPPEN, but it would, as he said, take a miracle.

I think it would take an absolute miracle for Hakkers to win anything this year.

But jens, you have to be comended for still believing :)

Hey Jens.

Only one thing wrong with your idea.

If MS is removed from the equation then we still have DC way in front of MH on points.

McLaren will do their best to have one of their drivers as WDC ( & themselves as WCC of course) so the dreaded team orders will come in & MH will have to play second fiddle to DC.

So, my guess at order of probability is MS then DC then about equal chances for MH, RS & JPM, the rest nowhere.

I am notoriously bad at prediction so if anyone takes the opposite view they will probably be right!

Hakkinen is nowhere - he'll be lucky to get third this year.

DC - He will be champion just as long as Ronnie pulls his finger out and realises that Mika is not his best driver st this point in time...

MS - well, there's enough said about him...

Ralf and J-P - this year?! Give it next year at best, provided BMW can come up trumps again...and Patrick Head can get a bit of reliability!

Everyone else - where!? They've been lapped, it seems...Nick Heidfeld appears to be the best of the rest at the moment