Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 SamB

Worst team!

If Prost are on the grid come Japan, then there's no contest, but apart from that, I reckon BAR are going to have another real stinker this year - especially when Jacques leaves...

To read on Jacques leaving, check out the TotalF1 news section. Anyway that is rumor as well.

But definitely, Prost will suck should they make it, because they simply have not tested enough and had time to prepare. I see Toyota on good game right from the start, and the rest of the choices were all betterthan Prost.

Even Minardi. Have you all noticed that Minardi is slowly losing its Italianism (whatever the real word is!) and becoming more Asian? All that Malaysian sponsorship, and they even have KL (Kuala Lumpur) in their official team name. Not to mention Alex Yoong driving, and Asiatech engines etc.

The only reason Jacques stayed with the sinking ship so long is because Craig Pollock was there.

I should imagine he has his lawyers poring night and day over his contract trying to find a loophole.

If he took a year out now - he could do Le Mans (see news section)

And Jens - 90% of F1 news is rumour! How often are there facts and not intelligent guesswork to choose from?

Yeah, Minardi are not quite yet to step up, but I dont think it is long away.  I agree with Jens if Prost are not there, Minardi will be the bottom dwellers...

I already know the fate of Prost(as we all do by now) so I have to say BAR will be the worst (most dissapointing), but when it comes to the worst (lowest scoring) team I have to say Arrows -Go Minardi- sorry still a little annoyed Flavio didn't allow Alonso to continue with Minardi for one more season.

I LOVE Minardi, and I indeed do hope they beat some other team. BAR looks in a dire situation right now, and well Arrows hasnt even had a car running since Suzuka! I think its time for them to start testing and let their drivers drive.

Odd thing, I am positive Toyota will not be last even if they are a brand new team...

Toyota will score points, simple as.

They've taken a year to do it methodically and systematically - Jordan showed a debut year can be fantastic - the crunch year is number 2.

That's easy. Minardi will win that race.

Who will be in front of Minardi in the standing ? That is a

tougher question to answer.

Arrow,Toyota,Jaguar (gulp!) and even Bar could be there.

Stay Tuned........

Minardi wont be last, their new car looks pretty nifty and could edge out some other team. But then the engine could be a different thing, Im not so keen on Asiatech's power...

Unfortunately i think Minardi will struggle again this year.  Webber will be quite good for them but Yoong is pointless for that team, he will do nothing towards developing the car all he does is bring in the cash.

Not that Yoongs seat in F1 doesn't annoy me or anything, it doesn't in the slightest bit annoy me that in F1 money talks more than skill.  I always thought that F1 was meant to be about the best drivers in the world.  I don't know what do you guys think?

See ya

Nick

Yea, thats true about the best drivers and such, but without Yoong the Minardi team wouldnt have all of that backing from Malaysia, and they are sure getting much more money than they ever have I would say. Even while Yoong isnt THAT bad (I mean hes not horridly bad like Tora Takagi), he is an essential asset to the team and Minardi still has Webber to succeed with :)

JV's attitude thought, that if the cars not quick in early testing he will leave, its not really that inspirational for the team is it.  He needs to get the team fired up and really pull his finger out.  I don't really see him pushing the team to get them work well.  

But anyway i think Jaguar are really up sh*t creek.  They found a major design flaw didn't they.  Man, its slower than last years car.  Anyway will just be another excuse for Irvine to do a p*ss poor performance an blame it on the car.

Nick

de la Rosa got the R3 running well on Sunday though, he set a competitive time in comparison to other times set there. Nothhing great from Jag this year though..

I noticed (yet again) in an article today about the size of Arrows winless streak.

If Arrows (ever) win a race, it won't happen this year, I said earlier I think they will be last, Minardi have 100 races to either win a race or shut up shop (that's approximatly 7 seasons) to virtually guarentee Arrows keep that record for a very long time(forever).

... Who said Breakaway championship... less than 7 seasons till 2008 you say... interesting.