Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kingly

de la rosa to drive in 2002!

Just read on the news here that Rahal has admitted his plans for de la rosa, that he will get a driver seat in 2002.

Who do you reckon will get booted out of the team, big mouthed irvine or new boy burti?

I also reckon that Schekter would be spewing by this too! :angry:

i think irvine will stay too....

he seemed to hold well as a second driver with ferrari and maybe he will do well as a lead with Jag but, he should pull his finger out.

Irvine's out, I'm afraid - and so's Burti...

Niki Lauda doesn't like Irvine - he costs far too much and isn't very good.

Bobby Rahal is an American racer, and appears to love Dario Franchitti - so there you go - next year, the highly promising duo of Franchitti and De La Rosa, as far as I'm concerned...

How many #### f1 wannabe's are gonna be allowed into this sport???

f1 has proven that you can cross over to CART and do well, but that the opposite does NOT ring true. Mansell did it, as have many others.

Zanardi also showed that no matter how good you are in CART is no stepping stone for F1.

We're gonna be run over by CART people and if Rahal has his way, F1 will just end up being a further extension of CART...

but this is probably for a different post lol

You forgot one thing...

The Villeneuve factor, he put his Williams on pole in his first F1 race and would have won the race if he wasnt robbed by mechanical failure.

I think Franchitti can do well in F1, and I also thought Greg Moore would have fitted in quite nicely.

I do however also agree with you December, some CART drivers will never be able to step up to F1...just who can and who cant is the question....

The thing with CART is that it generally has a lower standard of driver compete in it, and when you get one that stands out, you don't know how good they are going to be compared to drivers that have cut their teeth in European motorsport, and are perhaps better disciplined...

And that is why when ever I turn on the tube to watch CART I always feel like I am watching amateur hour whereas F1 are the pro's.

I know what you mean - you watch F1 and you can see how much more regimented and disciplined it is compared to something like CART - look at how long the pitstops take, for example...

and the width of the track, which allows more overtaking in the majority of races [not all mind you].

and the use of different mechanical teams per driver per car, which allows an awful lot more technicians are required in CART than in F1.

and of course the fact they go around and around in circles for a long time in about a third of their races....

... wonder if when they get off the track they are giddy?

;)

eddie has to go...

why you ask?

because I honestly believe he is in F1 for the image and not to win championships or to race and because I am the jagman and I know ;)

Eddie Irvine has to go, purely because he's not very good, and he swindled the Jaguar team by signing when he was on the crest of his '99 wave..he's too outspoken for any team's good, and is only good as a number two because of he gets points, it's a great drive, he does badly - he gets inferior equipment...

----------------------------------------------

..he's too outspoken for any team's good,

----------------------------------------------

See this is where I prove i am not a team player.....as far as I am concerned there is NOTHING wrong with being outspoken, or frank or honest or opinionated. And the quicker teams learn this, the better off they will be.

I remember Zanardi claiming straight after an accident that it was 'driver error' that caused it. He was lambasted because that wasn't what the media people at williams wanted him to say. But if it was the truth, who cares?

As a spectator, i enjoy drivers who have pizzazz and personality....gerhard berger was one, and in his time so was Jean Alesi.

And remember Senna and Prost when they were team mates that almost hated each other!

These sort of drivers bring colour and flair and intrigue to the sport. The moment you gag them, you are leaving yourself with clone drivers everywhere. and then it may as well be like watching CART.

If a driver is NOT good enough behind the wheel then so be it, and let him go......but to get rid of someone because they are 'too outspoken' is pathetic and a disgrace to formula one.

F1 used to be a sport of people and skill. Now it seems fans want it to be a sport of clones and speed.

Thats not for me, I must admit. I would rather have people racing where I can remember their names!

If anyone goes from Jag next year, it will be Irvine.

Rahal and Lauda will soon get fed up with his constant complaining about the team and other drivers.

Jag have the potential to be a good team, but with people like Eddie, who is too concerned with his image as a sex symbol, they dont stand a chance.  They need people who want to win races, and can look further than next weeks shag.

There's outspoken, and there's just downright bad for a team - Bobby Rahal said that Eddie criticised the team for no apparent reason, and that it was mainly due to the fact that he thought this would encourage the team to do better....

OK - criticism where it's due, and the Jaguar team are pretty cr*p, but there is usually no need for what he says......although he does sometimes come out with some good things which get ignored or passed over - he's like the boy who cried wolf...