Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tuapui

ferrarri and f1 trivia questions

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum, and had some burning questions which need some answers. I've been searching the internet with no success... Hope you can help. Thanks.

What colour flag is used during Grand Prix to indicate to the drivers to slow down?

A. Red

B. Green

C. Black

D. Yellow

How many tyres were used in total by all the F1 teams during the 2001 F1 season?  

A. 1,000 – 5,000

B. 5,001 – 10,000

C. 10,001 – 15,000

D. 15,001 – 20,000

Hi there tuapui, welcome to the forum :)

To answer your questions

The yellow flag indicates to the driver there is a hazard on or near the track and to slow down.  There is also no overtaking under a yellowflag condition.

The red flag means the race will be stopped.

Black indicates to a driver that he must come in to the pits.

Green is shown after a yellow to show the drivers the conditions are now safe.

Your other question is a bit tricky.  Do you mean only at races or during test sessions too?  But I would say between 10,000 - 15,000.  That is a bit of a guess though ;)

hi jagman, thanks for the quick reply!

I believe my second question includes tires used during the races, because there is no way of telling how many tires are used for testing, practice, which will depending on how much driving you would do.

My calculations are as follows:

For the 2002 season, there are 17 races.

24 cars in total, and I understand the rule is for each car is 4 sets of tires over the 4 days of practice, qualifying and racing.

Each set of tires = 4

So, in total, this works out to be 17 x 24 x 4 x 4 = 6528, which brings it to 5,000-10,000 (according to my assumptions above).

I did guess it might be 10,000-15,000 but this then becomes an open-ended thing...

any other thoughts, anyone?

howdy

I think teams are allowed more than 4 sets of tyres during a race weekend, I believe it is 7 sets (of dry tyres) per car and unlimited wet tyres.

Also not every car would use all of their allowed tyres for one reason or another.

cheers

It really depends on the second question, because as jagman said not all tyre sets are used.

But I remember from somewhere that in 2000 (or was it 2001? not sure) Bridgestone brought a total of 1400 tyres to each grand prix, and I believe that number includes wet and dry for all drivers, so that times 17 and you get a number over 20000...

and then throw Michelin into the mix...

But out of all those tyres, knowing how many actually got used is another thing altogether... ;)