Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rotaryboy

i am gutted

i could not believe my eyes of all the things that could go wrong on the last lap the merc blows. is this racing fixed or what. same last year at indy. i have only seen the highlights was mika going too hard or what ??and why couldnt

rotaryboy

It was a major blow up (white smoke) & mika kept the thing running for as long as possible but just not far enough.

As for pushing, I think it's still legal (but very, very dangerous) and he only had about 30 seconds lead on schumi & you can't push a car far in that time especially when you have to unbuckle, remove the steering wheel, get out & replace the wheel before you even start pushing.

Did you see how magnanimous michael was in his interview, praised mika's race & said how sad he was that it ended the way it did. A real gentleman.

You know I probably feel the exact same as Mika right now, I'm speechless. I mean so many things could have happened to anyone but THIS, LAST LAP! It really p*sses me off, I feel depressed I really do. It wouldnt have been as bad if someone else had won the race but Schumi was there and now Mika is REALLY going to have to fight. He told the Finnish press that he would keep fighting until he was mathematically out of it, and THAT wont happen until at least Monza or something. If he has a good string of races and Michael has a bad string (i.e. Austria Germany Hungary last year) then it will change around suddenly. Theres still hope!