Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jagman

Webber to Minardi

Wow!

I dont care that its for Minardi, but this news about Webber maybe finaly getting a shot at F1 excites me and I really hope Paul Stoddart signs him on and that Australia gets behind Webber with much needed sponsorshop money.

I know Minardi isnt the fastest or the most funded team, but Australia hasnt had a F1 driver (racing) since David Brabham in the (very crap) Simtek years ago.

If his testing times are anything to go (and sponsorship money wasnt an issue), the only other driver he would have to worry about for that last Minardi seat is HH Frentzen, but then, would Frentzen even consider going to Minardi?

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie - Oi, Oi, Oi!

Yeah, why noy, give Webber a shot.

We have been hearing about him for a few years now and I would like to see what he has got behind the wheel.

Shame its with Minardi, but I guess a foot in the door and all that...

eh?

I thought Webber has already been announced at Minardi? And Webber spoke like he had on the news this morning?

I reckon Frentzen will go to Arrows, and Verstappen is left seatless (again)

Verstappen is a good driver, just that he is the exact opposite of consistent. I think he deserves a chance with a mid-level team, such as Jordan or Jaguar. But I still like to think that he'll stay at Arrows, and Frentzen will go test somewhere and eventually step in to become a race driver.