Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew

New regulations

I was thinking about the new rule about punishing drivers in the next race and I am 95% in favour. It gives them some time to look carefully into it and for an appeal to be had and then we will avoid situations like we saw for JPM last race.

One concern however is the situation where a driver does something illegal and scores points. This is particularly relevant for team at the back of the grid in those 1 or 2 races a year when they get a chance to score points. If I am Mark Webber in a Minardi and running in 7th close to the guy in 6th why not nurf him off the track and score a point, it isn

yes exactly. there is no punishment for the drivers at the back of the grid. so like you say. so why not whack into someone!!!

do you also think that many drivers will be too careful???????? and we wont see any scrapes like last week. i love seeing that.

Very valid point Andrew, but I am sure they could still use the 'old' normal penalties like stop-go's or the 'new' pitlane drive throughs to stop (or deter) this type of behaviour.

How would a time penalty work? An incident occurs, for example the MS JPM one in Malaysia. JPM races on, during the race they decide it is too close to call so no immediate penalty is enforced. On closer inspection it appears (for example) JPM was at fault and is handed a 30 second time deduction. If 30 second keeps him in the same position then all well and good if not then he drops a position (or two depending on how many people fall within the time window).

Is this the best of both worlds or just a hopeless compromise?

Good point Andrew, and also 30 second penalty 5 to 10 laps into a race is a much larger punishment than 30 seconds off over the finish line.

Im still wishing for most rules to be dropped and for the drivers to be allowed guts = glory style racing. Imagine them going tyre to tyre, inches apart and being allowed to nudge each other a bit (of course not crazy running into people to get yourself to win the championship *cough* schumi 94and97 *cough*

Real cool racing would be rally, but everyone on track at the same time, oh boy that would be nice. Racing from city to city that style would be SO #### COOL!

Jens one of my favourite wheel to wheel examples is Gilles Villeneuve(Ferrari) vs. Rene Arnoux(Renault) at Dijon in France 1979 can be downloaded from

Fazards

nichosnz im having real trouble downloading any of the videos which are available. what do i have to download in order to play them????????? there are some really great ones!!!

nichosnz im having real trouble downloading any of the videos which are available. what do i have to download in order to play them????????? there are some really great ones!!!

I managed to download some back in November and I just use Windows media Player.

What sort of trouble and is it just this site.  Because I'm having trouble too, but my problem is on every video site and only videos (so I thought it was just me).  So I can't help you.

I stopped in November as I ran out of room to store them but when I tryed again about 6 weeks ago I couldn't get any more.

well if you have dap gzilla get right or anything like that and you have divx you may wanna check out a place called f1onboard it has the onboard from montoya in the last gp and heaps of aussie and kl highlights you can go there from here

http://www.f1onboard.com

Modifed to fix broken link...

My mistake, it was the German GP at Hockenheim. Burti launched over MS after a shocking start. I just looked it up it is such a great photo. You obviously see the Prost in a bad way pointing to the heavens but if you look closely you see MS on the right on the picture and there on the left of the picture and about 20-30 feet in the air is his rear wing.

Sorry about the confusion.

I think your right on that point Andrew, is it sour grapes or is DC trying to raise his image any way he can...

And on track DC is very pushy to all the German drivers when he passes them, not content with passing, every time he tries to squeeze them off the track, not just MS.  So maybe he's a racist.

:D dc may be pushy but not arrogant like shoe-me. and i couldn't disagree more with u on his attitude towards germans.

I'm not trying to tell you what his attitude is, just suggesting some ideas of what it might be, and just telling it like I see it.

For example, Hakkinen after the 2001 Spanish GP. On track he just shrugged his shoulders after getting out of the car. If youve ever seen the video of him in the garage afterwards then it was madness! Absolutely crazy going!