Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

f1orlando

rotating tracks

3 or 4 races a year that are on a rotating schedule?... There are a bunch of tracks in the world that should be used;i.e.Laguna Seca,Valencia,Assen,Motegi,etc...

hi f1orlando, welcome aboard! :)

You know, I like your idea about having some tracks rotating every year and I would LOVE to see F1 cars at Leguna Seca, that would rock seeing them go through the 'corksrew'.

Couldn't agree more. That would be great. Especially a race at Kyalami. Then I might actually get to see a race on my own backyard...

I think its a great idea for the fans, good for the drivers too (whether they like or dislike the idea), it would have to be at tracks whose management could survive even without F1 though as a race every 2 to 3 years isn't enough to survive.  Therefore the Cart, IRL, Motorbike & Sportcar etc tracks would be perfect.

Laguna Seca would be fabulous, along with Long Beach and Assen definitely. Kyalami is a goner though, the track is being cut down to about 1.5 miles long and is not in F1 standards anymore....

the corkscrew turn would definitely be gr8 but i didn't know that they cut down kyalami, i thought it was a good one, when did this happen? ???

i thin laguna seca would be great aswell as long beach and maybe even gold coast

We have a couple of tracks in NZ but unfortunatley we don't have the population to warrent, or the economy to afford making either of them up to F1 standards.  So as Australia is as close as we get so it would be great if Surfers Paradise or Mt Panarama could host races as well as Albert Park.

Kyalami has not yet being modified and I doubt it actually will be for quite a while to come yet. That was just a rumour floating around towards the end of last year but seems to have being scrapped fortunately. It is also still up to F1 standards as once again it received its license from the FIA as an international grade track this year (as evidenced by the fact that it is a host for a round of the world superbike championship.) The only problem holding Kyalami back from hosting an F1 race is rasing the estimated R150 million ( About US $9.5million) that Bernie wants as an up front payment for bringing his circus to town.

That US$9.5 million is another hurdle to NZ even if some rich sod was willing to part with the money to upgrade either of the tracks.

I think another east European round is needed alongside the upcoming Moscow and current Hungary races. Maybe Anderstorp in Sweden, or the Helsinki city streets track in Finland? Another city streets track alongside Monaco would be nice.

i think f1 at bathhurst.

v8 boys often talk about the straight at bathhurst ???? is it longer than at hockenheim or monza???????? does anyone know??????? those big slug 8s get up to ive seen 309km in qualifying down there????? maybe could have a enduro f1 race??

nichos arent you gutted that michael fay wasnt a keen car racing boy????? instead of a sailor????