Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Andrew

Soft spots

This is a bit of a diversion from another string of posts so I thought I may as well start a new one. Everyone has the team they follow and then a few soft spots for other teams.

Jordan_rule, I can

andrew trust me i wat minardi to smash arrows but i  still want

to see arrows score points as with toyota and button not with tulli coz he left my team

I don't think he had a choice did he? I really like JT and I hope he can see a few more points this year. Also he has the coolest website.

My soft spots are for Renault and Toyota. I used to like BAR as the resident underdog, but several years of general ineptitude changed all that. I still like Jacques tho', and I'll be happy to see him in either of the above mentioned makes next year.

Andrew makes a good point about Sauber. Since they are basically the Ferrari junior team, they will never reach the top level. It would require the most outstanding chassis design yet created, and there will never be enough money for that.

Sauber needs works engines, as they will never be able to beat Ferrari due to them using their old engines. Mercedes or VW anyone?

My soft spot is Jordan, as a Williams fan i know i'm not ment to like them but i can't resist :D

There such a fun team.

My soft spot is for Jordan, but for several reasons including...

Jordan are starting (stress on starting) to break my heart. I was so excited when they scored a Honda engine. I thought they would start to give the big 3 a real shake.

Minardi have started encroaching on my emotions, most notably when Luca Badoer retired out of 4th place in his and Minardi's home race (Monza) in 1999.

Yes Andrew 2x6th places would leave Minardi ahead of Arrows, Because of better result.  As would 1x5th because of obtaining the result earlier.

Thanks that is good news.

Now having said what I did about Arrows showing early speed just look at the qualifying in Brazil. ???  

Confusing yes but really the emotion I want to show is   :D

Very unsproting I know.

Badoer retired out of fourth place in Nurburgring 99, just to correct you there. I thought as well that Jordan would do good after 1999 when HHF won twice, but then along came 2000/2001 and really I think they cant be better thanks to Honda's ability to suck.

Nurburgring, oops I almost never get that type of thing wrong (in fact this one occasion is the very reason I have to say almost), but the point was about Badoer, Minardi and 4th.

That was nearly Badoers only points finish, instead he has none.

About Honda you are obviously refering only to their current incarnation.

Exactly, I think teams like Jaguar could do with starting to "suck" like that.

Just taking the p**s Jens   ;)

Well Im not referring to the past, that all happened when I was about 2. Right now though you have to admit that they are really not doing great at all.

I totally agree. It is interesting that (I imagine) BAR have a much larger budget than Jordan but just look at the results.

Has it been the engines that have let them (Jordan and BAR) or is it the teams who have failed to capitalize one what may be a half decent engine?

Last year Jordan scored more than BAR it also seemed that Jordan suffered more from Honda (un)reliability than BAR.

I think, based on both teams, that both your points about the engine are half right, it is a half decent (speed-wise) engine but the engine (reliality-wise) has let them down.

P.S Jens for how many years were you 2.

Jagman there are 2 Aussies in high profile places at Minardi, I assume you were refering to Mark Webber did you forget the friendly businessman Paul Stoddart.

Also having an Aussie driving, helps some of us Kiwi's to support Minardi a little too.  Not all of us because of this rivalry we seem to have.  The way I see it though, is in F1 both our countries have stars few and far between, so in this sport at least we have to support each other when we can.

Aussie+Kiwi F1 drivers = 24

Italy = 95

British = 156

Nah, I hadnt forgot about him, but I dont know much about him whereas I have been waiting for Webber to get into F1 for years now.

By the way, doesnt some Aussie dude also runs a CART team? (Team Kool Green)

About the Kiwi thing.  My boss is a Kiwi (maybe you know him ;) ) and he makes me go to forix.com to get all the stats on Kiwi drivers so he can compare them with Aussie drivers.  He is a mad stats hound, for cricket and rugby mainly. He seems to think that McLaren is a Kiwi team too.  He doesnt know much about F1 but he thinks Bruce was the man.

He loved rubbing it in my face about the cricket in australia just gone.

I always remind him about the rugby, especially the game last year at the 'house of pain'... :)

I wrote a comment on the McLaren issue some weeks back, stating why McLaren is not a Kiwi team.

I understand the rivalry in sports like Rugby as NZ, AUS, and SAF all take turns at being the best.  And cricket as only a handful play on an international level.  But about F1 the rivalry makes no sense to me (refer to my previous post).

P.S. Keep giving your boss s##t, an Kiwis living in Australia, and Aussies living in NZ deserve all they get.