Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eff1

Juan and Michael

Well, it's been almost a week, and I've been waiting for someone to post something about the goings on between Michael and Juan during the last 2 races. Does anyone have an opinion on the accident at Interlagos? Does anyone else think Michael's highly aggressive and unsportsmanlike driving tactics are generally overlooked by the FIA (Jerez '97 being the exception, I guess).

Does JPM have a point?

Personally I think Montoya is losing his cool and turning into a moaning little whinger... One year ago in Brazil when the Arrows went into the back of Montoya there was absolutely no doubt who was at fault in Montoya's mind (And everybody elses). However this year when Montoya does exactly the same thing he turns around and tries to blame Schumie!!. Even Patrick Head has come out and said the columbian is without doubt at fault. What more do you need to prove who was at fault here....

What I'm waiting for now is to see Montoya try and drive recklessly at the next race. The way he is busy shouting his mouth off should make the stewards watch him like a hawk from now. I can see a couple of race bans on there way for Mr. Montoya...

it's so darned obvious, the f1 community in administration is leaning heavily on schu's side. #### them, hate those blokes. :angry:

Absolutley daz, most certainly Montoya's fault at Interlagos.  He should just get on with the job and stop whingeing.

I am having trouble still liking Monty the way he is carrying on at the moment. I am also fearful that we see a year ruined by him giving MS a nudge or

How come people have a problem when Montoya "whines" but when Shooooome cries like a baby, everyone wants to kiss his tears away? I hate the way the FIA favors Ferrari. It makes me dislike Ferrari, when they are a good team! I just want to see some CONSISTENCY in the rulings, and TRASH the favoritism!!!!!!!!

:angry:

Welcome bmwpower,  Read back around the Aussie GP most of us were condeming MS for his moaning about Trulli.  So in this forum at least, it is very 2 sided on the MS vs JPM issue.

Yes Andrew RS winning in those circumstances would be very disappointing.

god #### you schu fans are annoying me now if you go to www.f1onboard.com and go to video archive and to interlagos 2002 and download the clip that shows it from the rear of schu's car you can see its actually schu's fault trust even i thought it was monotya's fault at first and i hate schu so please download it and watch it i'll think you'll change ya mind

Well that in-car view was what concreted it for me, as being JPM's fault, it looked like

JPM moved left and lunged foward

MS moved left

JPM lunged foward again  ##contact##

JPM moved right and fell back as MS moved right, back onto racing line  ##wing fell off##

JPM fell back further.

And besides Patrick Head said it was JPM's fault, are you saying he's so much of a Schumacher fan as to wrongfully blame his own driver.  No doubt he has had a chance to see that footage yet, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't retracted his statment. :)

I cant comment, I never really saw the great views... I tried usin this view from Montoya's car

and

this view from Schumi's car but couldnt decide.

But here is a good example of Schumi's tactics, taken from the fantabulous Belgium 2000 race.

Schumi blocks:

Racing

Mika shows Schumi how to drive:

Teaching

Attention all Schumacher moaners:

I first had this thought a long time ago, and have analysed all posts that moan about Schumacher since I joined this forum.

god #### i hate you nichosnz.

you think cheating is exciting i would agree that montoya is aggresive and yes i kinda like it but schumi can be agresive aslong as he doesn't cheat.

and also if you look at he footage i told ya bout you see this

montoya catching

montoya's wing just near schmui's car

then schmui moves across hitting montoyas wing

and it falls of as he slows down

god #### i hate you nichosnz.

wow, settle down dude, nickosnz is not having a go at you and you shouldnt take it personally if he doesnt agree wth you, everyone can have an opinion.

That said, i think nickosnz raised a very good point.

hehe sorry if it came out wrong but i didn't mean it as in i hate you as in im gonna hunt you down and bash ya i ment it as like oh god #### it can't you see it kinda way.

im sorry nichosnz if you took it like that

trust me aggresive can be good schumi isn't really aggresive montoya is schumi only does it if he knows he can't win.

cough 94 cough cough 97 cough

Attention all Schumacher moaners:

Some of you will say "but JPM's aggressive and we don't call him unsporting".

He certainly hasn't tried to chop someones nose off at the start, or squeeze them into a wall, when there are 20 other cars following behind at high speed..

Watch the start of the Brazilian GP again, JPM did try to chop MS's nose off.  But somehow, suprisingly MS got away alright.  Montoya seemed to try breifly to squeeze, but because of the proximity of the first corner, if he'd continued to try it on either the two would have come together or he would have gifted the corner to MS.

So although he hasn't done the chop or squeeze, you said he hasn't tried and I beg to differ he has tried.

I would like to see the two of them race each other in Touring Cars or some form of racing where the cars aren't so fragile.

What like racing in Nascars?  How about  those cars you see all chained together 3 or 4 of them I think and some idiot has to sit in the back. They race in a figure of 8 guaranteeing crashes, last man standing wins.

That could be a good use for the wheel tethers (they don

Well, it's been almost a week, and I've been waiting for someone to post something about the goings on between Michael and Juan during the last 2 races. Does anyone have an opinion on the accident at Interlagos? Does anyone else think Michael's highly aggressive and unsportsmanlike driving tactics are generally overlooked by the FIA (Jerez '97 being the exception, I guess).

Does JPM have a point?

??? The truth is out, Montoya has come and clarified the situation.  The result of this clarification???  Montoya's confused.

In an interview Montoya backpeddeled and said it was a racing incident, then he foward peddeled again saying he still thought MS was to blame.

A racing incident with someone to blame, isn't that a contradiction.  I always thought if something was a racing incident then laying blame was unreasonable.

Just me or did Juan seem very down at San Marino. Was it just a bad circuit for him or is he starting to crack under the pressure of F1????

Here is my highly technical opinion.  - "I dunno"

If he is starting to crack, I think it will be short lived.  Half a season (at the absolute most) and he will be back on track again.  But then again, it may have just been a bad weekend.