Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Mclaren talk

Has anyone noticed that every single quote to come from a Mclaren staff member in a press release, such as a Grand Prix-view, sounds like its the same guy talking? I think the drivers and personnel are told what to say because I KNOW Kimi Raikkonen doesnt talk like that...

What are you saying Jens, do you think McLaren have something to hide.  Because it hasn't always been like that has it.  One person suggests all quotes so a member of the team doesn't reveal how deep the hot water really is.

i do think ur right Jens, i don't know just what they r hiding, have they got something new up their sleeve that they don't wanna reveal yet? remember the new front wing design in '98???

:D

Hahhah, yea. What im saying is that they all speak like this after a bad weekend. "The technical package of our West Mclaren Mercedes team was not up to its full and complete potential, following the engine failures in both of the vehicles. We will be working strenuously to mend these problems and hope to be racing competitively in a fortnight."

No regular person except those taught by Ron Dennis talk like that. Anyone else would tell the press, "Our car wasnt running as fast as the others this weekend with the engine problems. We'll be working hard in testing next week and hope to finish better in two weeks time."

**note the word choice marked in bold.

"Our car wasnt running as fast as the others this weekend with the engine problems. We'll be working hard in testing next week and hope to finish better in two weeks time."

You're absolutly right Jens thats almost word for word how I'd say it in the circumstances.

Except I would insert "West McLaren Mercedes" somewhere.  Since 1997 every time someone from the team communicates with the would at large, they say that phrase.  Even Kimi when refering to this team, whilst he was still driving a Sauber.

Must be in their contracts.