Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Massa Vs Trulli

What about the pass Massa pulled out over Trulli.  Pushy and a little raw but it worked.

Can't help thinking if it had been Schu vs Juan, then whichever one of them had been in Trulli's shoes wouldn't have backed off, and taken them both out of the race.

yeah it was a good move from a rookie.

if it was schumi it would off been a crash if it was juan it probly would have been a crash too.

Everyone made such a big deal about the JPM move on MS at Brazil last year but I thought this move left it for dead. I wonder if that same move by JPM was to take Trulli then would have it made the same impact?

Massa

Everyone made such a big deal about the JPM move on MS at Brazil last year but I thought this move left it for dead. I wonder if that same move by JPM was to take Trulli then would have it made the same impact?

Exactly Brazil 2001 is just revered because in was Schu being passed.  Like Spa 2000 (Hakkinen passed Schu) it was a very good pass, better than Montoya's one, yet still I feel it was over-rated.  I feel most passes on Schumacher are over-rated just because of his success.  People think wow Schu got passed must be the best pass ever.

Yes, it was a sweet move, but it could have just as easily ended in tears.

I also think that overtakling Schuey is a big thing, it hardly ever happens so when it does it is something to watch and get excited about.

When JPM took Schuey at Brzail in 2001, he was in his third race (I believe) of his F1 career.  Now if you think about it, it is pretty special. :)

I also think that overtakling Schuey is a big thing, it hardly ever happens so when it does it is something to watch and get excited about.

I wasn't trying to say it wasn't a big thing, it is big, but people portray it as even bigger.

Yes, I think they could be in to try it. Unless they want to promote Badoer or Burti (tough chance) to race driver... Peter Sauber has already said that Ferrari can have Massa if they want him. I think Nick Heidfeld would be keen to go there if he could, just to laugh in Mclaren's face. But then, hes contracted to Mclaren...

no andrew i was a great rookie move a careless move if he wasn't a rookie.

if trulli hadn't moved outside around the corner massa would off taken em both out of the race i think great work on trulli's part.

Do you think Ferrari will use young talent?

I know Ferrari don't use take on young guns, but i think they might risk it this time as they lost Raikkonen to McLaren last time.

If Ferrari take young blood they should do it for next year, as it's better to take the risk whist they still have their hands on an established star.

A little credit to Jarno is in order, in retrospect he could've tried to close the door at the last minute, but forebore from doing so.

Of course full points to Massa for making the most of a situation.

And now for the ever-present emoticon, I always put at least one in my posts :   :)

Massa will have a truck load more experience from this year as well making him much more attractive (assuming he performs). You wouldn

Do you think that could be why Peter Sauber turned his back on his previous policy of always employing experienced drivers like Alesi, Diniz, Herbert, Salo etc.

Besides if he can spot them young guns are cheap,  if they are good enough you get offered 5 Mercedes tranporters and a huge wad of cash, how can you resist.  If they don't work out it's not like you've paid them an Alesi sized pay packet.

Yeah, the pay is a definite advantage, Massa only makes half a million, by far the least, but certainly comes in the top 10 when it comes to effort. ;)

As far as making the least, I meant people who're paid, Yoong probably pays to drive, so he doesn't count :)

I don't think Yoong actually pays to drive, sponsors do however, meaning he has a 'budget' to negotiate with.

You know, the phrase "only makes half a million" still hits me. How can people say ONLY?! Thats a big wad of cash! Sure compare it to Villeneuve's 10 million or Schumi's 22 its not a lot but still...

Only half a million is a lot mre than JV's dad and Clark probably got, and they were in more dangerous times.

Ain't that true. In those days a half million was probably some teams entire yearly budget.

But yeah you're right Jens - a half million is a serious wad of cash!! If I convert that to my currency I could retire very easily (And thats not a joke!). So anybody out there got a miserly half mil to donate to a worthy retirement fund??