Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Sato to drive Lotus

With the amount of cars Sato has already wrecked this season, will the classic Lotus 49 suffer when he drives it next week?! Im inclined to think so...

I just read that he is unsure whether he will be ready, he may have to call in his withdrawl from the event.  He still expects to race in the Monacan GP though.

I expect the cars' owner will have arranged the necessary extra insurance to allow Takuma in the car.

Not that there is much room to spin at Monaco.

Didnt Schumacher spin at Monaco once while leading close to the end of the race but managed to keep it off the armco and recovered and went on to win?

The word I used jagman was, much, which means it's possible but you had better know the width of the circuit and escape roads well, and have luck on your side as well.

And we all know that Schuey seems to have luck on his side all the time and judging by Sato's escape in Austria, it seems he may too.

Sato should've been a ballet dancer, imagine what he could do with his feet, if u've seen what he does with his car :D

On another note, heard that the other great of this most noble art might be back ? Yes, folks Tora Takagi !! :) All that's left now is Rosset and Shinji ;)

yes, very true.

I did mean to say that he doesnt have luck when it comes to actually finishing races in the points ;) , but when the life is on the line it seems to kick in nicely. :)

I think Tora's testing was a once off to keep the Japanese board members happy.  They can get some nice coverage on the Japanese TV and in the Japanese papers with a ood Japanese boy at the wheel of the F1 Toyota car.

Still, I am sure he was evaluated too as we all know Mika doesnt plan to stay long (in F1) and I think McNish will be shown the door after this year.

He was a couple of seconds off the Toyota pace though wasn't he, and he got 100 and somthing laps too.

They probably weren't lying when they said he was the best japanese driver, and now Sato is :D

All I can say is.....Woe is Japan.... :(  They need to start poaching Decent Brazilian drivers, and give them Japanese citizenship, just like the French Soccer team :)

Haha! Yea they should :)

Now they say Yoong (!!!!1) is going to drive the historic Monaco race as well! We're in for some interesting news...

They need to start poaching Decent Brazilian drivers, and give them Japanese citizenship, just like the French Soccer team

They have already started doing that with New Zealand Yachters, and it has improved their standing in world yachting, they are not yet at the top though and I don't think it will happen.

The car Alex Yoong is going to drive is also a Lotus, the Lotus 72 raced by Ronnie Peterson in 1973.

Sato did it! HE DID IT! He crashed the Lotus 49B out of qualifying! HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!! And to top it off, Yoong made him look like an idiot by qualifying third!!!

Americans are all proud of Mario Andretti as their greatest racer, but #### he's completely Italian by blood. His family moved to the US to flee WW2.