Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F1Babe

Mika: No Decision Yet

Taken From: www.autosport.com

Two-time world champion Mika Hakkinen is set to decide in the next few weeks whether he will make a return to Formula One. The Finnish former McLaren star, who has gone into self-imposed exile from the sport this season, said he was still undecided about whether he would ever clamber back into a c##Kpit.

"At the moment I still have quite a few weeks before I have to or am going to make the decision," Hakkinen said during a visit to the Monaco Grand Prix here Thursday.

"I am taking life easy. I enjoy my life flat out. I have put on a couple kilos which is okay I feel comfortable with it. We'll see. I do have quite a few weeks before I make a decision. Let's see how this weekend goes. I am not being stressed about it at the movement. There is plenty of time.”

Team Boss Ron Dennis is refusing to put pressure on the driver.

"He is just excluding it from the thought process," Dennis said. "He is relaxed. He doesn't want to think about it. He doesn't have to."

Dennis emphasised again that there is a contract in place if Hakkinen decides to return to the c##Kpit, and Mika said that he expected the team to provide a car if he wants to make a comeback.

"I cannot put into percentages the likelihood of driving again," the Finn admitted. "For the moment I have just enjoyed seeing my friends, spending time with my family and not having to worry so much about my fitness, but I miss winning and working with all the people in the team."

I think this is quite a good sign, maybe we will see Mika back soon, i for one hope so

:)

Mika would be the most obvious choice to replace David, who has been upstaged by his much less experienced teammate, and I believe will lose his job at the end of the season. Mika would be a much better teacher for Kimi, since apparently David refuses to co-operate, and share information and telemetry.

Actually, since David basically cherry-picked the best engineers and mechanics for himself, his inability to beat Kimi has really shown his limits. DC will never have "his year", IMHO, and should be gone.

Judging by what has been printed about Mika over the past couple of weeks, I suspect that if he had to make his decision right now, he would be back in 2003.

Maybe he feels obligated to help the team out in their troubled times, and also to help Kimi. I mean Kimi still needs the low-down on how to speak in one-word answers at press conferences, make sarcastic jokes, and how to properly wear those orange sunglasses! Meanwhile Kimi could teach Mika how to snowboard, play computer games, and marry hot women!!! :D

Have you all seen the pictures of Mika from this week? He's a lot more tanned I must say! There was that one picture with Hugo holding the steering wheel, he looked pretty happy with it and also standing in the garage next to David in full race suit. What about Hakkinen No. 2 for lets say the 2022 season? We could call him...Mini-Me---ka!

Mini-Me---ka, I like that very clever.  McLaren certainly need some help don't they.  And Mika know the team very well, and is obviousy very experienced.

Ron is now telling DC not to presume he will be driving for McLaren in 2003.  Following DC claiming to the press his seat is safe.  Dennis is saying that the driver line-up is not up to the drivers.

Is Ron preparing us for the Return of the Hakk.

:):) Yes that is sure of he is preparing us for Mika return

and Coulthard goes to another Finn at Toyota

Well, read the top story for today. My thoughts exactly nichosnz.

Toyota seems to have a lot of drivers in Allan Mcnish place :D .

Toyota certainly do don't they, they are going to need a lot of cars.

Damon has been DC's only non-Finn teammate to date.

Most of us do.

Some believe he will be past his prime. Others beleive the break will be good for him, he will come back better than ever.

:rolleyes::blink::unsure:

How would the sponsors like two finns driving for the team ? I don't have a problem with, hell, I, and others I'm sure would find it a dream team : Mika and Kimi, with DC doing testing duties :) But with Nokia not on board as a sponsor, I doubt Mika-Kimi will come to fruition.....