Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sato

Webber

Well done Webber he got 8th in the 2nd free practice of friday. even though it is only practise that is a great result for him and the team. :D

Yea great job! He was in fifth at one opint too. But more props to McNish and Toyota for holding first for a significant length of time.

Yea well, he did good though. But what about Toyota, both cars in the top ten! Outpacing several teams who have been in F1 for several years, and this is Toyota's seventh race...

Yea, and they've got a pretty reliable car too. On top of everything, they say their Aero. is the worst part of the package.......I'd be curious to see what JV or Heidfeld would be able to do with that car.. ???

WELL DONE MARK WEBBER - WHOOO HOOOO!!!!!Should of finished higher :(  than 11th but im still very happy with his race & his season for that matter - hasn't it been great or what!   :D   :D   :D   :D

he may have scored points :0  without the trye problem coz he could have finished 7th i think and trulli may be DQ that would of meant a poiont for him :0  He had a great race outpacing people in better cars then himself :D

That would have been good, give Manardi some breating space between them and, Toyota and Arrows.

But that only if Trulli gets DQ'd, Mika had the same problem after a win in 2000.  Mika and McLaren kept the win, Mika kept his points and McLaren lost theirs.

:) Hey one point that was not mentioned here is that Mark Weber and the Minardi Team  were AHEAD of the very heavily Sponsored JAGUAR team all the time and more Particular , the Leprechaun Eddie !!!!!!! Does that speak Volumes for Minardi and Weber ??????????

I hope they don't for a number of reasons, the most obvious to me include:

1) On this forum, Minardi are the most popular team.

2) They are the underdogs, I do not like to see underdogs beaten by the system/circumstances.

3) They deserve the 10th place funds, the way the concord is (reputed to be) written says that they are intitled to it.

4) Only 4 F1 teams have been around longer, they have history.

I agree at all points. I hate seeing underdogs fall, and I love to see the underdogs win. When the Mclaren's are out of a race, especially Raikkonen, I always switch my attention to a Renault or a BAR, anyone that has a chance to reach the podium. The motivating drive to watch F1 for me includes seeing new people talk at the press conference, which is why I was so after Button to get third in Malaysia.

New faces on the podium is a wonderful event.  I have been waiting a long time to see a Minardi driver on a podium, it has never happened.  Pierluigi Martini has made it to the top 3 in Qual before in a Minardi, but no driver has ever done it in a race.

Yes it was Pirelli's, and early 90's.  On top of that Pierluigi scored Qual position of 5th, 4th and 3rd (in that order) in the races leading up to that second on the grid.

Missed the pole, ####! I would love for Minardi to race with the front runners some day, they sure have been waiting for a while.

'Tis a bit of a pity isn't it, missing out on pole position.  Alonso, Webber, Fisichella, Trulli etc may be good, but I think Martini was probably the best Minardi driver ever.