Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Who will be the first?

Every time the F1 circus goes to the current Canadian GP track, the most popular "Crash Zone" is the concrete wall beside the final turn.

We may see less of that this year.  They have pulled that wall back by 2m or so and added a tire-wall in front of it.

I feel sorry for Sato, i wonder if he realises how important it is that he finishes a race soon.  He's got such a reputation for crashing, that it's going to take ages for him to shake it off.  And if he can't manage it surely he will be shown the door at the end of the year.  

I still wonder if he will be there next year.  If Jordan loses the battle to get those Honda engines i reckon they'll give him the boot.

I wouldn't be suprised if he get's the boot anyway considering the damage he has done to the teams budget this year.

One-time wonder for Sato. He'll go back to either F3000 or F3, but I think after a few more seasons there that maybe Minardi will give him a chance.

If he gets a socond chance, it seems to be the trend these days not to allow second chances unless you proved yourself first time, eg Salo.

Hi might go across to FNissan or maybe head across to America for a seat in CART as everyone is switching to IRL so i'm sure there would be a vacant seat over there.

Well Scott Dixon just moved from PacWest so there is an opening there right now if Eddie can't wait until the end of the season.  May not happen though as PacWest run Toyota's don't they.

Things are not going well in CART. Financial troubles loom everywhere, which I think is why Penske moved over to IRL because its cheaper.

It's not the only reason, I think Penske had a multitude of reasons, the most publicised one being that Mar****o (sorry can't be advertising tobacco here) wanted to be visiably involved at the Indy 500.  Current American laws prevented it.

Alot of other CART teams may be forced to move too, as alot of them are funded by the engine manufacturers and as they are all switching to IRL that means they will withdraw their financial assistance from thses teams meaning they either run a much lower budget or they switch to IRL aswell, to recieve the continued support.

IRL really did go about the right way of attracting teams to their series, by first getting the support of the Engine Manufacturers.

Also Kool were not in favour of racing in Europe as their products are not sold over here, so the expansion of CART may force Team Green to switch to the All American Series (excluding Motegei) if they want to keep their partnership with Kool.

I remember reading article after editorial ...  and most of them stated that the IRL was the waste-of-time IndyCar series any one that was a true follower of IndyCars followed CART.  Some of there were not too many years ago.  A lot can change in a smell period of time can't it.

GaySchumi I think you are right Sato came nowhere near that wall, Martin and James suggested that it was de la Rosa to hit first (after his tussle with McNish), I thought he came in at the end of the first lap so hadn't passed 'the wall' yet.  I may be wrong here my video machine died moments before the race so I can't check that.  Button definatly make contact at least a couple of times but he got away with it.

Yeah possibly but Button definantly did miss it one time when Martin thought he hit it.  But they kept saying he hit it when he didn't.  Don't know bout the othe times.