Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Michael makes a mistake

It has happened and it was very public, MS stuffed up at the last couple on inches, and let RB past. To finish one of the closest finishes in history.

Monza 1971, 1st to 2nd was 0.01 to 1/100th of a second

Indy 2002, 1st to 2nd was 0.011 to 1/1000th of a second

So it depends on the rounding of 1971 as to which one is closer, it could be anywhere from 0.006 to 0.014.

It was close nonetheless. Schumi made a huge c##Kup, you could tell he didn't mean to have Barrichello get past and he tried to make an excuse for it (sure Michael, youre going to get two cars over the line at the EXACT same moment). Fair payback for Austria though.

Jens I realise the odds must be phenomenal, but who would win if that did happen. A tie, and split the 16 points. MS win for qualifing ahead, or RB for qualifing behind (therefore covering more ground).

Remember in Jerez 1997 (here we go with that race again) in qualifing Jacques Villeneuve, Micheal Schumacher and Heinz-Harald Frentzen all set qualifing times the same to 1/1000th of a second, 1m 21.072s

Well its a very very small chance though, Jerez 97 was just one in a million. DC was 1/1000 of a second faster than Montoya in qualifying, but I mean its hard to do on purpose...

Hi gang , like is there a difference WHICH Ferrari wins now !!!!!! Hell they are so dominant, and for the life of me I cannot see how the other teams could catch up next year, even if Ferrair were to run THIS years car.. MS is supreme but RB is showing that he is also.... one would have to say that it is the CAR that is superior as well as the drivers..

That is really the key to it, the Ferrari is just so much better than the MP4-17 or FW24. Hopefully Adrian Newey can come up with something good for next years Mclaren, because I have no doubt in the right car Raikkonen/Montoya/Ralf could challenge Rubens and Michael for wins.

I'm also hoping that the other teams can become competitive and also do it in the very near future. I say this because even though I'm a Ferrari fan - I''m really getting sick and tired of watching races being made into jokes. If Ferrari actually had some competition on the track then they wouldn't get the opportunity to play around like they did once again yesterday.

My thoughts on what happened in the race, is that its actually Ruben's fault. He was the driver coming from behind and should have being watching to keep a safe distance. Personally I think that Rubens saw an oppurtunity to snatch a victory, and figured what the hell - the team owes me so I'm gonna grab this... I mean really - what can Ferrari do to him?? :angry:

Yes that idea crossed my mind too daz. It is really the other teams fault, Ferrari are so dominant they have to do things like this to keep F1 in the news.

Fixing results though is not the right way to keep F1 in the right kind of news. I also had the thought that Rubens maybe just took the victory, figuring "why not?" I am leaning more towards the thought that possibly he just had no idea what was going on because nothing had been said - it was just Michael's idea spur of the moment I guess. Check out the newest wallpaper, the picture with the Ferrari's crossing the line shows how close it was.

My thoughts exactly, I think someone counted it up basedon the measurement from the white line to the yard of bricks, and then estimated the distance between the nose of each car.

The 35cm estimate was one done by I believe a news reporter for the Indianapolis newspaper, but you know how the Americans get mixed up when they use metrics :D

That explains a lot then. It wasn't just Micheal who made a mistake.

Apparenlty 'an insider', is claiming that whenever a TV camera wasn't pointed at MS after the race he looked mighty p**sed off, probably with the result.

That is a false claim I think, because there is no way Michael can know when a camera is being pointed at him. There are so many hundreds of cameras at every Grand Prix that its not even funny, he must know that at almost all times there is a camera pointing right at his face.

Well you could look at his expression in the press conference, it was clear he knew he'd messed up. He was laughing at himself, not with the others.

He knew it alright, he wanted that win, he just wanted it to be close. I hope he doesn't let RB so close at the end of the race in Suzuka.

I hope that if MS is ahead he allows himself to fly of into the distance. He orchistrated the closest finish, now he should try for the biggest 1-2 gap.