Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dichesari

Why is Michael Schumacher the Best

To all of you people, that definetly dont understand the impressive quality, elegance,self confidence expertise and so many calificatives we can give to Michael Schumacher as a sportman, is important that despite the love and hate feelings that many people feel for this german driver he is simply above all that. Look what happened in Austria, this nobody colombian kid showing no respect whatsoever (not only for michael  but for everybody) doing what he did and he didn

has f1 become a ladies sport if you cant win ill pull over for you so you can win

let the best man win ?????? exactly so wasnt rubens in 2nd place oh i forget he pulled over so the guy that couldnt pass him could take the points.

are we forgeting that this is a car race?????

this nobody from south america (cart champion) is providing me with some excitement which has been lacking as of late, ms win win ferrai mclaren now we have wiliams too, besides which dont some of his race tactics seems very familiar to those of us who have watched a certain german driver rise to the top. senna wasnt a pussy either was he.

im glad ms isnt gay or youd be all over him like a rash.

you seem to be suffering from ms problem im the champion pull over for me , well as montoya said hes not going to and why should he ms won last year and this is f1 car racing he has to fight for it again this year. so here is some consructive criticism for you ms caused the accident i think he was pushing too hard and too quickly he could have passed montoya there is no doubt and would have later,  but his arrogance nearly cost him the whole race, but only cost him 1st place.  i am the champion let me thru he has been in the game for long enough to know that montoya is a new boy and they seemed like bully tactics can he not make a clean pass or was he trying to make montoya crash, . then typical ms blame it on the other driver . i love ferrari and ms, but i also love car racing , not 70 laps of schumie crusing , but if i was montoya i would show ms no respect either the title is up for grabs and ms should receive no special treatment.  if ms is the best let him prove it , would you have all the drivers pull over for him.

perhaps the team orders of ferrari could be their downfall , imagine if montoya and schumie have some more crashes . I CANT WAIT!!!!

as a closing thought would ms have won last year if rubens had not have won at germany??????

Don't know about ms causing the off with jm.

I've watched about 5,000 replays of it & I think it was the other way around but we'll never know because both drivers really believe that they were in the right.

We ordinary people don't have any idea of the amount of self confidence & belief in their own infallibility that elite sportspersons have.

As for why ms is the best.

I said elsewhere in the forum that during his interview ms said that he realised that his launch control was giving trouble so he did a manual start. Four other drivers including mh couldn't or at least didn't do that.

Also only the really top drivers (ms, mh & a few others) manage to spin or go off the track & recover without damage to the vehicle.

I think the mark of a real champion is the ability to win in an inferior vehicle, like ms when he left benneton to go to a decidedly second rate ferrari outfit.

MS may be the best driver of this era by a long way, but still, what sticks in my mind about him most is Adelaide and Jerez where he took out and tried take out championship opponents in a fit of desperation...

About this Monty chap, you must admit that even if Schuey is the best driver, he is getting on and sooner or later someone is going to show up and take the throne of best driver away.  Schuey isnt young anymore, he has three championships, more money that you or I could ever dream of and a better lifestyle that you and I can dream of.  Plus he has a job for life with Ferrari when he hangs up the helmet so how much longer do you think he wants to put his neck on the line for and what is his motivation now.?  Monty has shown up with a lot to prove, just like MS did a few years ago.  What sets Monty appart from other 'could have beens' is the fact that he will not bow to the king (MS) he has made it clear he wants to rattle Schuey and be the number 1.

Also, now I read that Schuey doesnt blame Monty for the altercation in Austria and anyhow Schuey went into that corner too hot he wasnt precise like he has been in the past.  Signs of weakening if you ask me.

I think we are seeing the end of an era and you better make the most of watching Schuey as I think after this season he has a lot of re-evaluating to do and maybe 2002 will be his swansong.

Just my 2 cents.

Jagman

And a fine 2 cents worth it was too, jaggy.

You are right ms is getting to the end of his career but I don't think monty will be the next great driver even if he does win the occasional championship.

There have been a few instances of this "one hit wonder" thing eg James Hunt, Allan Jones, J Villeneuve & a few others.

To be great, a driver needs to drive memorable & heroic races eg Fangio breaking the lap record (i think 11 times) on successive laps each time at a faster time than the previous in order to win the race.

Or again Fangio, when asked why he stopped before running into an accident which was around a blind corner replying. "I am the world champion & am accustomed to seeing the white blur of faces as I approach. This time I could see only the backs of heads so something more interesting was happening around the corner. It had to be an accident so I slowed down."

See, that is a sign of a champion..someone with confidence and bravado but precision and sense.

I didn't know that about Fangio, GnS.....am #### impressed :)