Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

Some interesting news today

There are a few interesting new articles floating aroud today the most notable of which are:

Rubens Barrichello may be subbed out in Brazil, he has tryed another version of HANS (the one DC uses) and has no improvement, and teams have been told if a driver can't use is the team must use a different driver. Who would Ferrari use Badoer is their official reserve, but Massa had the role in Malaysia due to Badoer's accident. I hope that Badoer is fit enough and is given the chance.

and:

Oliver Behring, one of the people who tryed to by Arrows last year, is trying to start a new team and has apparently applied to the FIA for a grid slot. Behring has said "we will definitely be at the first race of 2004 in Melbourne". This is good news IMO, great news if it does happen. Still need one more team to get the maximum 24 cars.

I actually hope Massa would get the chance! :D

As for the new German Grand Prix Racing team, if they do enter F1, then I hope they do it properly. Not like LOLA (hahhahah :lol: ) and that they put the required effort. What is odd is that they plan to purchase chassis, and I hope that doesn't happen. It just isn't F1...

You want Massa to drive the Ferrari as he is more likely to crash it, allowing McLaren to streach their lead.

It sounds to me like they are to do the Reynard/BAR type relationship. So it would be completely new to F1.

It will be interesting to see how it folds out, but then, that is exactly what I said when Dan Gurney voiced his intentions on making an American F1 team. Well, they made an announcement that they'd be delayed, and nothing since. DART/Phoenix team with Charles Nickerson - gone. So, definitely, something that will be interesting IF it were to happen. If indeed an application is in with the FIA and things are happening, then we may well be back to 22 cars.

:D Good one on Massa there! :lol: I actually want him to strut his skills in a good car, he's been bloody fast in testing and should be in the races.. which he no doubt will be if a Ferrari seat opens up!

I'm not sure the Gurney All American team is dead in the water, when he first announced his intentions he suggested that 2003 was possible but a long shot. Also he did quietly get on with the job for a while before anyone knew.

Ferrari have now said that its almost 100% that Rubens will race in Brazil. :D

Would also have liked to have seen Badoer get a go though. Sort of a reward for all the testing he does. :D