Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

F1 vs Cart racing

Recommended Posts

Well here in Oz we have had the second last CART race of the American series, which has been held on the Gold Coast Street circuit for the past 12 + years. ( Nigel Mansell won it as a Rookie in 1993 )

Ok the weather on the gold coast at this time of the year in the afternoon has to be very fickle, like last year a thunderstorm, resulting in a major crash scene, this year the same WITH HAIL, so they stopped the race this year prior to the hail, all ok, but on the restart I am wondering if these guys drive with " what produces testosterone - and without brain power " or what!!! Like the track is wet, they are on wet weather COLD tyres, and have a major pile up on the warm up lap, so out comes the safety car, it departs to the pits and we have spinners everywhere.. as I am typing this the race is still running, who is winning, WHO CARES. I can now see why the cart series in the states is having problems attracting fans, rules , rules and more rules..

One rule that sort of amased me was the allowance of Paul Tracey, leading driver in the series, that on the warm up lap had problems with his "Crutch Strap" seat belts ( on seeing his driving during the race maybe his B...s are too big :-). He was allowed to PIT and return to the warm up lap, AND allowed to pass drivers up to his qualified 3rd position ?????

Another Huge accident as I type this, like what is new. This is in my opinion very much CRAP racing, and to think they ship this circus half way round the world for this !!!!!!

F1 is very secure as far as CART taking reign :D:D:D:D:D Race is still going some 1 hour after the start/finish time....SNOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, think I'll light up the barbie and look forward to the new F1 season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

um race still going on , another pile up, safety car out, I think maybe 6 cars left, not sure, not interested really, and well about 30-40 minutes over race time. gotta say though this type of racing is GREAT for the TV sponsors, every time they have a pile up we go to the adds, so heaps of adds, Oh I just heard that another driver has hit the wall under safety car, so we will go to our sponsors..........UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM and only 5 laps to go.. whooppee maybe "FRIENDS" will be on after this, and that show makes me sleep even sounder then cart racing LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok race results at 6.05 pm 5 minutes over the TV time alloted , was Brian Hunter-Reah !!!!!! a rookie... Gees I gotta say I am pleased for him.. who came second third, whatever I have no idea. TIME for the NEWS

Roll on 04 for "Cart Surfers Paradise Racing", they sure need support, maybe they can have a " Cart for Surfers" fund set up, $1 a day will guarantee that we will stage a race, NOT a FARCE!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ok race results at 6.05 pm  5 minutes over the TV time alloted , was Brian Hunter-Reah !!!!!!  a rookie...  Gees I gotta say I am pleased for him..  who came second third, whatever I have no idea.  TIME for the NEWS  

Roll on 04 for "Cart Surfers Paradise Racing", they sure need support, maybe they can have a " Cart for Surfers" fund set up, $1 a day will guarantee that we will stage a race, NOT a FARCE!!!

i think you mean ryan ;)

i actually like the cart races.........not as much as f1 ofcourse but i still think its a good series

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really why, on road courses there is less passing than F1!!! and on ovals there is less slipstreaming than IRL or NASCAR. On both types of courses (ovals I can understand why) there are 'yellows' every time someone crashes or nudges a wall or another driver. Example in Suzuka MS had 2 touches one that affected him and one that didn't neither resulted in the safety car in CART both would have.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

forgive me I got the winning driver's name wrong!! but well after sitting in front of the TV for 2 1/2 hrs watching a safety car run around the track I guess I lost interest!!!.

Oh and the channel that did the live broadcast never even mentioned the race in it's sports section of the NEWS !!!!

Last years race was a bit of a farce , because of weather and driver limited amount of brain power ---- This year they EXCELLED in the limited brain department --- I wonder if any of them ever heard the saying " to FINISH first - First you have to finish " !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CART does have its share of good races, but I do agree that most are crap. They ruin the starts with flying ones, they ruin strategy with those pit rules they have, they ruin racing with those safety and yellow rules - there is nothing very fun about watching the races. It will never equal F1, just watch Mika Salo win the championship there next year :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jens, I agree totally. I do like cart RACING as it is more of a drivers car then F1, like they even have to change gear with a LEVER :D

It's just the rules that baffles me !!! Like the one allowing a driver to come into the PITS during warm up lap to fix something and then drive flat out ... passing cars all the time so that he can get to his Grid position ?????? it is not only STUPID it's B............Y Dangerous

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...