Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

aeromagic

Some 2005 Questions

I always wondered whether or not Honda achieved 1000 hp for the Chinese Grand Prix of 2005. Did they really do it? And how so when the other teams were not nearly as close (I think the other teams were pushing out 950-70 hp)? How was Honda's engine special (anything that set it appart)? Also, what would the dry weight of a V10 powered car be without the extra ballast that they undeniably use to meet the 605 kg requirement. I've heard that it is in the 470-500 kg region. Is this correct? What is the same figure for the V8 cars? 440 kg?

Honda never made it 1000hp for a v10 race engine, as the team were on a different engine change sequence to toher teams and the championship race was over, they went for an aggressive short lived engine for this race.

An F1 car weighs 600kg inc driver, thus if we take the driver out its around 530kg, teams run less than 100kg of actual ballast, although some parts are made unduly heavy for stiffness, such as the sump\lower engine mount, gearbox floor and monocoque floor, so a figure of ~450kg is likely, the V8 engines HAVE to weight 100kg, they are more likely to be alittle heavier , although in a free formula, the cars woudl be nearer the 430kg region.