Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aldizzert

A Technical Question

5.2.2 The total amount of recoverable energy stored in the car must not exceed 300kJ, any which may be recovered at a rate greater than 2kW must not exceeed 20kJ.

I'm having a discussion with some fellow creepy-internet-people and we're trying to figure out what exactly this addresses. At first I thought it to be specifying the amount of fuel that could be carried, not being intimately familiar with metric wierdness, but it can't be... a can of coke has more energy than that.

Other possiblities: a way of saying that you can have small batteries on board for powering the computers, but nothing large enough to run the ignition.

Or

Something limiting the use of exhaust gasses in an aerodynamic fashion.

Or

A prohibition on regenerative braking.

Anyone? Any enlightenment would be awesome. The more technical the better, as it will impress my creepy-internet-friends.

I'm guessing here, but I go for the battries idea you mentioned.

I agree with nichosnz, could be the maximun of energy that the engine could recover with its generator, maybe just the exact amount of energy to feed the electrical and computer systems.

:blink:

I agree with nichosnz, could be the maximun of energy that the engine could recover with its generator, maybe just the exact amount of energy to feed the electrical and computer systems.

:blink:

I agree with these guys