Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

admin

Webber To Minardi

Now that Mark Webber has admitted he is in talks with Minardi, do you think it would be wise for him to sign to drive for them in 2002 or should he wait it out in the hopes he gets a better offer for 2003 (maybe without a test drive role in 2002)?

That is a good question.

He has lost his test drive role this year hasnt he and if he doesnt get another testing role, he could see his F1 chances slip away, but on the other hand going to Minardi could be a bad move too, although I sense Minardi is on the way up (finally).

What current drivers (other than current Minardi drivers) drove for Minardi in the career?  Did Fisichella?

I'd like to see Mark Webber in a Minardi, but i'd also like to see David Saelens or Justin Wilson take the seat.

Overall, i bet Webber will get it.

If i were HHF i think i'd retire.

His career is quickly going downhill and lets face it, he ain't gonna be winning races in a Minardi.

I reckon Frentzen going to Minardi might be a good move for him.

Sitting out a year would spell his end, but going to Minardi might give him the chance of a better offer next year.  You know as they say, 'sometimes you need to move backward to go forward'.

Still, I would rather see Webber get his time to shine.