Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nichosnz

What's this

Is this an April fools story or are Ferrari really going to give Reubens a 2 year old car.  One so old it has to be modified just to coform with reg's, new crash tests etc.  Can't Ferrari afford to build enough F2002.

I think someone had fun dreaming up this story.

Definite April Fools joke... My compliments though - very original.

It was a good idea, but maybe a little too obvious, could have suggested for the next couple of races only.

hehe, I liked it.  One of the better F1 ones on the net for April fools.

I dont think it was too over the top, but it was easy to spot as a joke.

well done guys.

jagman you say it wasn't over the top but was easy to spot, doesn't that make it over the top.  I thought the point of April fools is to sucker as many people as possible.

Nah, look at it this way, there is different kinds of comedy, some like "Monty Pyhton" style is way over the top and some like "Frasier" (for instance) is not.

Both make you laugh, but one is plain silly and the other is not.

Also I belive April fools is not just to sucker people (which I know it did as I saw people positng about it on other forums), but it is also for other people to wonder a bit, then have a laugh.

Also, in your original post about it, you seemed hesitant if it was true or not.

cheers

Sorry just the way it was worded, it was an explaniation of why I thought it was an April Fools.

Concerning the type of comedy it was, I understand where you're coming from.

I actually may have believed it myself, but for the fact that late afternoon someone reminded me that it was April Fools Day, and I checked the site in the evening.