Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daz

Should Yoong really be in F1???

I feel that any driver that gets out-qualified by his own team mate by over 2 seconds (With no exceptional circumstances either) should be given his marching orders immediately. I know that money talks in F1 but surely there are better qualified (and well funded) drivers out there to race for poor old Minardi (Eg. Jos Verstappen).. My opinion is that Yoong has being pushed up the ranks to fast and needs to go back to the minor formula's for a couple more years experience. At the moment he's nothing more than a dangerous moving chicane.

It's not just about the funding on Minardi, but also the Marketing of the Malasian GP.  I thought Yoong had a brake balance problem in Qual.  Stoddart came out and said that 2.5 seconds did not reperesent the true difference between his drivers.

But I think there are more deserving drivers out there, from young ones like Justin Wilson to oldies like Jos Verstappen.  Mind you with Verstappens qual. record would he get a Minardi onto the grid.

I think if there was no Malaysian link to Minardi, Yoong wouldnt even get a look in just yet.

He needs a few more years in a lower formula.

People like Yoong are an absolute necessity, if only for people like Webber to show their stuff !! :)   It's a sad requirement !

Imagine, if Yoong weren't there, Minardi would be so cash-strapped, Mark Webber would be pushing his car around the track ! :D  But now, he's got an opportunity to show his stuff!

I say , thank the lord for blokes like Yoong, who unwittingly sponsor the careers of those more deserving, but with fewer resources.

And with that philosophical blurb I've exhausted myself :)

Yoong should be replaced by Justin Wilson or if money's a problem why not just go STRAIGHT to Pedro Diniz. He's the real money bag..., and is definitely a better driver than Yoong even if hes not astounding.

Pedro ain't bad, but his dad would probably try to buy out Minardi, don't think Stoddart would like that.

Come on don't berate Yoong so, when was the last time you saw those three beautiful alphabets :DNQ on a saturday ?   :)

hehe thats true jens.

but i think he should be there he is usaully half a second off webber.

he did have the brake balance problem in qual and thats why he was so slow.

poor guy hehe sorry i mean rich guy.

I voted no.

Everyone knows why he is there. No one should be fooled. Look at his test times at Silverstone today. A perfect example.

It's a shame Minardi has to waste a seat just to survive. Alex is not good enough to develop a car either. I can imagine if the graphs on your telemetry readouts bear little resemblance to those of your teammate, what are your engineers supposed to do?

Is there not a knob, button, or switch somewhere in the c##Kpit to adjust brake bias?

...Pedro Diniz. He's the real money bag..., and is definitely a better driver than Yoong even if hes not astounding.

He's not astounding, but in 1997 the only year he was team with a WC it was Damon Hill the reigning WC.  In 1997 Pedro out performed Damon at all the drivers circuits on the calender.  So he's not good but really he's not c**p either.  Always had below par cars.

And the amount of money that comes with him, Im surprised Minardi havent tried talking to him, or at least they havent let us know about it...

Hill never seemed to be a great driver, just an average joe making the most of a great car. And then there's always the falgging motivation at the fag end of ones career.... :(

Speaking of moneybags, has anyone ever figured out why Jos Verstappen had a large fan following ?

Hill never seemed to be a great driver, just an average joe making the most of a great car. And then there's always the falgging motivation at the fag end of ones career.... :(

True, about the great? driver bit.  About the motivation I don't think it had dropped too much at this stage just look at Hungary of that year.  Obviously it had dropped some 'cos of the circumstances.

Oh yes, I remember that result sent me into hysterics   :D

Jordan's only victory to date wasn't it ? aaah yes, the good old days when we had true greats driving : Takagi, Shinji, Rosset, Tuero....wonder where those blighters got to.... ???

Yes yoong should be in f1, he brings $70,000,000 to the team over three years(i think, don`t quote me..lol)

Then when he does`nt qualify, will make a darn fine drink carrier...lol

Or umbrella holder

Or visor washer

lmao

hehe. very funny crash.

About Pedro Diniz, I am not sure if I remember corretly, but didnt Pedro actually get paid to drive in his last year in F1?

both Tora Takagi and Shinji nikano(however ya spell it lol) are in carts and doing alright esp takagi. :D

He's not astounding, but in 1997 the only year he was team with a WC it was Damon Hill the reigning WC.  In 1997 Pedro out performed Damon at all the drivers circuits on the calender.  So he's not good but really he's not c**p either.  Always had below par cars.

umm if you mean sumfin different by drivers circuits sorry but remember hungry 97 where hill outperformed everyone in the field including schumi(sorry had to add it lol) in an underperforming car.

Yes Jordan_rule, but I mentioned Hungary in another post, and thats not really a true drivers circuit, well I'm not convinced it is anyway.

GaySchumy, Hill was in an Arrows then not a Jordan and Hill didn't quite win.  His car started visably dieing on the 2nd to last lap and Villeneuve passed him on the final Tour.  Jordan have won 3 races.

yeah but the arrows back then was at about jaguars spot to the field now so i would like to see schumi go that good in the jaguar. :D

Yes but he did it ONCE, I'm confident Schu could do it at least once.  And the 97 Arrows was a little better than this years Jag, not a lot but still better.

Aaah I bungled Hungary '97 with Spa '98 when he drove the Jordan to victory, Oh my, I hope it's not a sign of advancing years   :(

I guess everyone has his moments.

Thanks for the info. Jordan_rule, I really wondered where those chaps disappeared. I guess they're now working for the benefit of CART.   :D