Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

daz

Should Yoong really be in F1???

Hill's 97 experience in Hungary was the first thing that came to mind last year in Spain with Hakkinen or this year in Malaysia with Button. Button was of course not leading, but a podium nonetheless.

I reackon the Arrows staff and fans were more upset than Hill was.  Because when Patrese scored 3 2nd's in their first few years I bet they didn't think they'd by waiting 25years (and counting) for a win.

Yeah I agree nichosnz that Schumie could probably do it at least once in a Arrows/Jag etc.. I must admit that Hill's performance in Hungary was exceptional though and does deserve the credit it got. The Arrows team must have being gutted to see it failing at the end   :0 . Is it true that he was on a $1million dollar bonus per race win contract though?? That might help explain the excellent performance a bit more ;)

At least Minardi are consistent the times they do well(for them) it has been a progression up the grid over a few years.  With Arrows the are up and down all over the mid to lower order of the grid.

True, I can remember Arrows with real speed in Malaysia and Austria last year with Verstappen but otherwise they really didnt do much. Verstappen deserves a better place in F1 than Arrows, what about him for the Ferrari seat next year alongside Schumi, everyone knows theyre good friends...?

How would it be to have your best buddy say "sorry dude you may have qualified well in my car but I'll have it back for the race thanks". That would test the bonds of friendship wouldn't it.

It depends on how good the friendship was and how much Verstappen got paid, he may offer Schu the car before the request comes.

I think it could happen. Verstappen would probably not ask for much money but I think he could be able to deal with Schumi and Schumi probably would be nicer to Jos. Maybe...

Schumacher was definatly No. 1 there so there is no reason to think their friendship won't survive them being teamed together again.

I think they'd get on quite well together. Picture that - Jos an actual contender for a top 3 finish in the WDC.

On the subject of Yoong: Even though he managed to qualify this time round, I still feel that over 4 seconds off the pace isn't good enough and that he should be booted out of F1 to make space for some deserving drivers.

But I still think that if money is the question (which it really is) then they should go right to Mr. Pedro Diniz and say "We want you to race in F1 again, for just a bit of money."

Oh absolutly, but does Diniz want to race again didn't he turn down 3 offers to drive in 2001, 2 paid drives and 1 pay.

I hope so, and if it is so I hope he does get offered another chance to drive.  I was always a bit of a Diniz fan.

Well if we are to believe everything we see then next year there will be

6 Ferraris

6 McLarens

5 Williams

Untold Renaults

Besides Ferrari have admitted inquiring about Massa and made very positive comments about Barichello staying.  So the chance of it being one of those two is very high.