Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TotalF1 Jens

Raikkonen retires again!

I cant believe it! Raikkonen's car is a piece of crrap! Thats the fifth race in a row that he retired out of a probable points finish. Embarrasing for Mercedes and Mclaren as well. Get your act together Merc, Raikkonen needs to see the chequered flag!

True. When his car held up in Australia he put in a brilliant result to come third from the very rear end of the field because of the first corner problem. He'd be a champ hunter (at least second place) if his car was reliable.

I hope that if MaLaren only have 1 winning driver this year it is Kimi Raikkonen, on merit.  If both of their drivers win I hope Kimi gets their first.  He deserves it.

Raikkonen seems to have the darndest luck, doesn't he ?? Monaco Qual. : Engine blows, don't even want to envsion what's gonna blow in the race.... :(

BTW, seen a picture of Hugo ? Where in the world did Skinny Hakkinen, and his equally thin wife get such a chubby little bounder ?? :) Cute kid, looks nothing like Mika......so far :)

Yes he has a little bad luck, and from what I've read he is lucky McLaren brought 5 cars to Monaco.

Raikkonen went through four cars in Monaco. Two crashes and an engine blow, then when things seem to be going good stupid Rubens smashes into the back of him! He could've taken at least fourth in the race, and even worse Rubens finished seventh, meaning he'll gain a point for his stupidity if Trulli is disqualified.

He used 4 cars?  So the only one he didn't use was DC's then?

I couldn't work out just what Rubens was thinking, but it must have been something similar to Massa.  Both on different ends of a passing attempt, both made silly mistakes.

Just that Rubens eventually got the upper hand on Raikkonen, the thing that p**sed me off most. No accident, and they could have finished fourth and fifth.

They needed that both of them, both have performed better than their team-mates on average this season, both are lagging behind on points.  So the last thing they needed was for their buddies to get 10 and 6 points more when is could easily have been, 7 and 4 or 8 and 5 (depending if Barrichello had made a pass stick).

Yes Jens he probably couldn't have made a passing move stick but they had the pitstops still to come at that stage.  And with the speed difference between the Ferraris and McLarens I feel (all pitstop things being equal) Rubens would have won a pitstop battle, as long as they stopped on different laps.

Especially when you have a car good enough to score points at almost every outing.  And your team-mate is out scoring you 5 to 1.

That actually makes six straight retirements. But I think everyone including David knows that if his car was more reliable then he'd be in front in the race at Mclaren.

With 6 (straight) retiremants from 7 races, he must be glad he scored in the one he did finish, rather than circumstances putting him last.  Which in Melbourne wold have been 8th.

IMHO I feel he would have only gained one place if not for the first corner incident, considering that MS had to try to battle back up to the top also and still won, I think he could have passed Raikkonen as he did Montoya and would have Trulli.

Well OK, but even second/third is not bad at all considering it's your first race with a new team, new car, and had to battle all the way from the back of the grid.

Yes it was a very good performance, for the reasons you stated and it was only his 41st car race.  And 18th F1 race.

I hope he can do well in Canada, at least finish in the points or on the podium. You dont want a seventh straight retirement.

So do I, and I'd bet my life so does Raikkonen and McLaren.  (Hope he does well that is, Podium would be nice)

He still has a bit of a way to go hasn't he, but then again he has (hopefully) a number of F1 years left in him to get in the practice.