Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rodders47

Australian G P

Recommended Posts

Hi all ..

My proposal is for the Ozzie Grand prix to be moved from Melbourne to BATHURST...... Ok I appreciate a lot of SAFETY work would be needed but hey have you downloaded the Bathurst circuit into the Formula One Grand Prix Game and tried it out ?? It is AWESOME to say the least....

The world knows about Bathurst already as a touring car circuit , so why not as an F 1 circuit.. there are more "Mickey Mouse" circuits around the world then Bathurst !!!

Your Thoughts OK

Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long straights, esses, elevation changes, long lap... I think it would be a great idea. Different for the drivers, good for the spectators, fun all round. But that last point is probably the biggest reason why it will never happen, Pity though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah Nichos, I guess the fact that Bathurst is a PASSING circuit would rule it out of any F1 contention.. The Heirachy HATE circuits that a driver can actually PASS on the black stuff , more important to pass your compettitor in the pits due to pit crew / equipment stuff up !!!!

Never mind is a thought :huh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would actually say France to Paul Ricard, US to Long Beach or Monterey, Spain to Jerez, reintroduce Estoril, Britain to Brands Hatch, and introduce the Helsinki street circuit. That would be great, a Finnish GP! B)

They had plans for that a few years back and were ready to build a magnificent circuit near the capital, but then it just silently faded away...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CART race on Long beach don't they, Jerez was used until recently, Estoril and Paul Ricard have recently completed upgrades, so contracts are the biggest things holding those circuits back. But Helsinki dosn't exist at this stage and Brands needs some upgrades so the wait on those would be a bit longer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Helsinki street track is put up yearly like Monaco for some race, I dont exactly remember what though. Paul Ricard and Estoril would be nice to see again though. Long Beach is a CART race yes, they should have F1 and CART race during the same weekend or consecutive weekends. Would be interesting..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Logistics for the same weekend may be a little difficult, unless another pit area was constructed, so the CART guys and F1 guys used seperate facilities. But consecutive weekend would be cool. Especially for overseas visitors wanting to visit both races would not have to choose then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At present we can only compare CART and F1 at Montreal, another circuit where we could would be good.

Fastest Laps Montreal 2002:

F1- Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams 1m15.960s

CART- Dario Franchitti, Green Honda Reynard 1m20.238s

Pole Laps Montreal 2002:

F1- Juan Pablo Montoya, Williams 1m12.836s

CART- Cristiano da Matta, Newman/Haas Toyota Lola 1m18.959s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can see that there is a clear difference between the cars. The thing is that F1 cars produce a lot more aerodynamical grip, and while the engines may not be as strong the CART cars simply cannot corner as fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jen,

well if you into Formula 1 GP 2 you can downoad Bathurst circuit and test drive it for yourself , is really awesome, probably not to the likings of F1 as there are concrete walls to stop em falling off the hill but really is a great circuit with the major straight call "Conrod Straight" where you gessed it the engines expire:-) even the v8 touring cars reach over 250 kph down this straight...

Try out the game circuit of BATHURST I bet you will LOVE it :-)

Oh and as for comparing CART to F1 well is not a fair comparison.. I know that Minardi lapped some 3 seconds faster then the cart pole car but hell the technology is miles different and I bet the BUDGET also :-)

Rod

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Jens and Nichos,

Reading through all your messages , do we really want ANOTHER street circuit ???

Like as a former race car driver back in the 70's and NOT famous, to me the last thing I would want is to drive down a concrete barrier,, and as for the safety aspects !!!! they allow races in Monaco with NO escape for problems and then build enormous tracks with miles of bloody sand to crash into , removing the spectators into the stands where Binoculars are needed to even SEE the track !!!

Guess I'm just an OLDIE, but I sure feel that DRIVERS like FANGIO drove to the track conditions, not some pre setup medically pure and top priority to safety like the current tracks...

On closing.. " MOTOR RACING IS DANGEROUS AND MAY BE BAD FOR YOUR LONGEVITY IF YOU PARTICIPATE "

I bet FANGIO never even THOUGHT of those words :-) oh and I am sure he never got the MILLIONS paid to todays drivers for their efforts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I beleive he was one of the top paid drivers of the time, and his annual income was a massive 5 figures (in the low 5 figures too I think).

Even Diniz in his final year (the year he got paid) got 7 figures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And Diniz wasn't half bad of a driver either. I think another street circuit is good though, Monaco is such a great event that I wouldn't mind seeing it twice a year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to compare F1 and CART on more than one circuit. Sure F1 would win any comparison but that doesn't make it uninteresting. Especially if I could get hold of sector times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would definitely make for an interesting comparison. Like you said F1 would probably win hands down at any track. What I would really like to know though is whether the gaps between f1 and Cart would be smaller on the high speed circuits (like Spa or Monza) or on the high-downforce circuits like Monaco. I would guess that F1 probably has a bigger edge on the high downforce tracks but I'm not really sure. Any ideas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would say the more downforce a track needs, the better an F1 car would do compared to CART. CART have powerful engines, but their aerodynamics and brakes (Montreal is tough on brakes) are not as good, F1 is aerodynamically more efficient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the F1 cars look better too.

But on the serious side, I think you are probably right Jens. The tyres are another area in favour of F1 (not for the viewers though) but da Matta who recently tested an F1 car stated that with an F1 car you can feel what the tyres are doing a lot better. I'm pretty ignorant on CART so excuse me if I'm wrong but don't CART still use steel brakes, if so that will be why the brakes are not so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hi all ..

My proposal is for the Ozzie Grand prix to be moved from Melbourne  to BATHURST......  Ok I appreciate a lot of SAFETY work would be needed but hey have you downloaded the Bathurst circuit into the Formula One Grand Prix Game and tried it out  ??  It is AWESOME to say the least....

The world knows about Bathurst already as a touring car circuit , so why not as an F 1 circuit.. there are more "Mickey Mouse" circuits around the world then Bathurst  !!!

Your Thoughts OK

Rod

GIVE IT BACK TO ADELAIDE!!!!!!!!!<_<

Seriously - melboune is ok! :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...