pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted June 18, 2003 Hey Nichos; good story in hte July iss. of Racer. hope you can pick one up or find one to read 'cuz the cheap SOB's don't let you read it on line. If y ou can't get it let me know and I'll find a way to get the story to ya....... It also has a good story on Alonso and some cool pics of Cris Almon in the JO Siefert flash back on '68 Silverstone GP some nice pics of both the Ferrari in action, a good rear shot of the suspension and exaughst and the Lotus 48B with the High wing. Cool stuff...... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted June 18, 2003 ok boot me back to the back of the grid- put me in the penalty box I know it's Chris AMON most humble mea-culpa........... Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
nichosnz 0 Report post Posted June 19, 2003 I'll have to check that out, it is possible that even if I can get it I may have to wait, as it may only be imported surface. Sound like a awesome edition (or even Mag). Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted June 19, 2003 Yes it is a good iss. a profile on Mario A. 'flight' at Indy a story on Sebastion B. of CART. just let me know if you have trouble getting your mitts on one I'll send ya one Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
Sato 0 Report post Posted June 19, 2003 speaking of Scott Dixon (we were weren't we? ) he won the last IRL race (not sure where it was) Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
nichosnz 0 Report post Posted June 20, 2003 Is that the same mag as the one with Jimmy Vasser on the cover of the May issue. If it is I just booked a copy of the July one when it comes in, in about 6 weeks or so. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
TotalF1 Jens 0 Report post Posted June 23, 2003 Yes! Pumpdoc that issue of Racer was kick arse in all so many ways! Read through every page on my flight over!! And trust me.. that was plenty of time Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted June 24, 2003 I got to do this quick Mario A. on the cover and I picked up a Senna Bio the new one with the analyisis of the crash etc. I hate inflight movies they suck........... and thanks for the wishes and watch out for my kid she's a tough one Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
nichosnz 0 Report post Posted June 29, 2003 Scott Dixon, has just won his third race of the season, putting him second in the championship! He is the only IRL driver to win more than 1 race so far. The victory came in the rain affected SunTrust Indy Challenge, lol. Dixon has lead 442 laps, 182 more than Tomas Scheckter and more than twice as many as any other driver this year! Next up is Gil de Ferran on 195. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
nichosnz 0 Report post Posted August 6, 2003 I meant to post this a week ago, but Dixon is leading the points again. And is in talks with a few F1 teams. A testing role is the only sensible interpretation of that information, after a year in the oval series that is IRL. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
nichosnz 0 Report post Posted September 1, 2003 Pumpdoc, I finally got the July on Friday, the d**n shop didn't ring me or hold one, so I thought I better go and have a look as it seemed like time. I got the last one they had, lucky I didn't leave it any longer! Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
pumpdoc 2 Report post Posted September 10, 2003 What a person has to go through to get a magazine today huh? your time frame looks to be about the same as ours as far as geting off shore publications, weeklys from Eng. avg. 2 weeks behind,monthlys 1 1/2-2 months. Just got back from Mexico, had a big job just south of the border in Tecate, glad to be home. Time to get caught up, looks like a big tire brogh-ha is going on, and as I have wonderd about the French tires all year I don't like to see late season rule changes even If it does help Ferrari, unless of course the Michlins have been out of spec. all year!! then I say strike-em down like the cheating dogs that they are!!!! How's that for a shot across the bow ?? Share this post Link to post Share on other sites
nichosnz 0 Report post Posted September 11, 2003 That's telling them. booyeah. Share this post Link to post Share on other sites