Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Loser Boy

Recalling Schumi's Last Win In Total Rain...

Was it Indy 2003? Do correct me if I am wrong. I remember that race. As the rain started falling,Schu got overtaken left,right & centre . He fell back to 14th. Within a few laps,everything changed. The then powerful Bridgestone wets at the hands of the Regenmeister slaughtered everybody. Destroyed everybody. It was a fantastic drive.

It's a bit sad to have just the memories of Schu & no more actual driving. Oh well,sigh.

The then powerful Bridgestone wets at the hands of the Regenmeister slaughtered everybody.

What would have been his last win in the wet where the finishing positions were not decided largely by the tyres?

What would have been his last win in the wet where the finishing positions were not decided largely by the tyres?

Was Schumi the only one using Bridgestones?

I can't be bothered checking, but he was probably the only one in that race either capable of winning or allowed to win.

FWIW, I think that the tyre competition has made wet weather races a lot less of a leveller than was previously the case. Certainly during the mid-to-late-nineties when it started raining you could be pretty sure Michael would be the fastest man on the track. Which was decidedly more impressive than doing it because all of your main competition have sh*t tyres. <_<

Fellow MS fans,please do write in! No attacks on anti-MS guys!

[quote name='devilsinskirts' post='155425' date='Nov 13 2006, 02:42 PM']I can't be bothered checking, but he was probably the only one in that race either capable of winning or allowed to win.

FWIW, I think that the tyre competition has made wet weather races a lot less of a leveller than was previously the case. [b]Certainly during the mid-to-late-nineties when it started raining you could be pretty sure Michael would be the fastest man on the track. [/b] Which was decidedly more impressive than doing it because all of your main competition have sh*t tyres. <_< [/quote]
There was only one supplier in the mid 90s?Then those rain victories were indeed more impressive.Who was the sole supplier? Goodyear?

There was only one supplier in the mid 90s?Then those rain victories were indeed more impressive.Who was the sole supplier? Goodyear?

Can't remember - with there only being one supplier it didn't matter enough for me to store it away!

Going further back, I don't really recall tyres having such a huge effect in the past, even when there was more than one supplier - perhaps someone older with a better memory than me can enlighten us?

Indy 2003 may have been Michael's last wet weather win but it was hardly a conclusive display of brilliance. Look to Spain '96 for that. He was the class of the field, it was his first victory for Maranello and the race which sealed his posistion as the best driver currently on the grid.

Nope, but the only other teams on them where jordan and minardi. And the only other person being Barrichello from a front runner, barrichello wasn't exactly going to trouble him. Most people still think of Spain '96 as his best win in the wet. If i remember rightly, Indy 2003 was not fully wet either

Indy 2003 may have been Michael's last wet weather win but it was hardly a conclusive display of brilliance. Look to Spain '96 for that. He was the class of the field, it was his first victory for Maranello and the race which sealed his posistion as the best driver currently on the grid.

But he is not currently on the grid :P

But he is not currently on the grid :P

Not much gets past you does it?

Nope ;) but the use of the word currently is not really adequate as he wont be on the grid again :mf_tongue:

Nope, but the only other teams on them where jordan and minardi.

And Sauber and BAR. Please please try to get your facts right, sometimes at least.