Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webber

Heidfeld 2 attrack mercedes

whats this i hear about Heidfeld only benning at Jordan 2 attrack Mercedes is this is the only reason then well i think EJ should be asshamed of him self 4 going so low 2 try 2 gat a big name 2 give him engines

what do you mean?

This type of stuff goes on all the time in F1.

Why is Taku at Bar? To make Honda happy.

Yes, but the thing with Taku is also that he is probably the first Japanese/Asian driver ever to actually know how to drive! :D

But that kind of stuff goes on all the time in F1, nothing special. Why does EJ want/need a Brit? To please B&H (who just signed a contract extension with the team)

In particular with the engine issue, it's been happening since the end of the Cosworth domination. Even a little before that with Ligier having a French driver to satisfy Matra, when it was just Ferrari Matra and Cosworth in the 70's.

but i heard a thing saying that EJ did not care about a work deal with mercedes because it whould cost him 2 much

Yes, but the thing with Taku is also that he is probably the first Japanese/Asian driver ever to actually know how to drive! :D

and i say "ouch!", for all the former japanese drivers that have graced the F1 landscape :lol:

but alas, this is probably true :lol:

and as for EJ trying to cosy up to attrack mercedes engines, it isn't odd at all. sad as it is, if he thinks it's the best way to advance jordan f1's interests, then he'll go for it. his cosworth engines didn't exactly set the world on fire last year did they?

Who can forget the joy that Ukyo Katayma bought to the sport!

I remember once he crashed from the back of the grid before even crossing the start finish line to start the first lap!

his cosworth engines didn't exactly set the world on fire last year did they?

No they didn't, but they sure set the back of the Jordans on fire, like the Hondas before them. Jordan have not had a half-way decent engine since the Mugen Honda.

:o:o:o:o:o

Jos will no longer carry on with the negotiations with Jordan. he has offered 10million$ plus the Trust sponsor and still they will not reach an agreement. Therefore it is all over.

Trust confirms that their logo is to be remoed from the Jordan car until they decide on the driver and if Jordan doesn't pick Jos, then they are out as well.

I suppose Eddie Jordan is waiting for Nick Heidfeld because then he will have the mercedes engine guaranteed.

Hasn't Mercedes severed official ties with Nick Heidfeld as they said they have too many drivers on their list?? If so, how can Jordan use him to get to Mercedes?

shaun

because hes German and mercedes is German

and then u arks y merceds dont get M$ of R$ well because i is verry much owned by ferrari and the other by BMW witch is German

TotalF1 Jens wrote:

Yes, but the thing with Taku is also that he is probably the first Japanese/Asian driver ever to actually know how to drive!

Mistake number 1 - Takuma Sato cannot drive a formula one car – all he knows is how it crash it! In the past there have been some o.k. Japanese F1 drivers, e.g. Aguri Suzuki, Nakano and Ukyo Katayma, but when compared to the rest of the field, Japanese drivers always seem to be very slow indeed (The aforementioned examples were all very slow but they did get into F1 in the first place and many drivers do not)

I'm not saying he won't crash a lot (which I can already expect - remembering his first race in Melbourne) but he is the best of the Asian drivers to end up in F1. He is fast, but not very consistent at keeping tyre on tarmac (unless we're talking about the run-off tarmac :D )