Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marina

15 thousand$ Helmet

:?:

Apparently Schummie's new helmet for 2004 cost around 15 thousand Euros. Is this really necessary? They say it is safer, can it really be? How many drivers since Senna have had serious head injuries.

I don't think this is necessary at all.

Safety facilities are always improving, and always should in my opinion, especially the ones, like helmets, that donot affect the racing.

Apparently Schummie's new helmet for 2004 cost around 15 thousand Euros. Is this really necessary? They say it is safer, can it really be? How many drivers since Senna have had serious head injuries.

Reading an article in The BMW magazine, they quoted that Ralf Schumacher (and I guess this applies to most of the drivers) replace their helmet every two races due to high speed and dirt,bug damage, so they go through some 9 helmets in races and countless others during testing. His helmet was quoted as being $30,000 AUD each.

I heard schummie snr is looking at having a fully sealed helmet simiar to fighter pilots with a oxygen hose feeding into it, this is to give him cleaner air and less exhaust fumes from other cars. I was a little concerned with this, what happens if his feeder hose gets blocked how does he breathe?

Reading an article in The BMW magazine, they quoted that Ralf Schumacher (and I guess this applies to most of the drivers) replace their helmet every two races due to high speed and dirt,bug damage, so they go through some 9 helmets in races and countless others during testing. His helmet was quoted as being $30,000 AUD each.

I heard schummie snr is looking at having a fully sealed helmet simiar to fighter pilots with a oxygen hose feeding into it, this is to give him cleaner air and less exhaust fumes from other cars. I was a little concerned with this, what happens if his feeder hose gets blocked how does he breathe?

he lifts up that very expensive visor :D

But hey this is just another spectacle of top escheleon motor racing where those that can afford it have it,, not a lot like real life I guess.. It does however puzzle me HOW you can spend that sort of money on a HELMET, like if it were made of GOLD it couldn't be that expensive ???