Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

nojvnof1

A fair assessment

Here's what www.gp2004.com had to say about those without a drive in 2004.

"Eddie Jordan

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

What was the real reason for Villeneauve leaving F1?

I was under the impression that he left because he couldnt get a drive. If this was so, why couldnt he get a drive?

I would have thought that all good drivers, get a drive.

:wink:  :wink:  :wink:  :wink: 

What was the real reason for Villeneauve leaving F1?

I was under the impression that he left because he couldnt get a drive. If this was so, why couldnt he get a drive?

I would have thought that all good drivers, get a drive.

Only JV knows the REAL reasons, but in my opinion he doesn't have a drive because of F1's politics, plus he's grunge in a world that listens to classical music, as a member of his websites forum put it. Not all good drivers have a drive. Remember, $$$ comes first, talent second in F1 today. First Alesi, now Villeneuve forced out becuase of Honda, what a joke.

"I would have thought that all good drivers, get a drive"

This line of yours is a real low blow, seriously, just like M$ comment about JV at Germany about "improving the situation". I guess its true what they say, an M$ fan is as bad as the man himself.

shaun.

shaun

:lol:

I agree that $$$ comes 1st in F1, but then where does this $$$$ come from? The teams pay all this $$$ to good drivers, the sponsors pay all this$$$ to good drivers.

If this isnt so, then where does the so important $$$ come from?

When there is talent , there is $$$$

Schummie's fans are as good as the man himself, because the man is good and not bad.

I agree that $$$ comes 1st in F1, but then where does this $$$$ come from? The teams pay all this $$$ to good drivers, the sponsors pay all this$$$ to good drivers.

If this isnt so, then where does the so important $$$ come from?

When there is talent , there is $$$$

Schummie's fans are as good as the man himself, because the man is good and not bad.

Firstly regarding talent and dollars, you have heard of the pay driver term I presume?? Great drivers, names like Inoue, Deletraz, Rosset, Lavaggi, Yoong. Illustrious company I assure you, and thats not including many drivers from the late 80's to early 90's. Also to a lesser extent Sato, who only got the Jordan drive in '02 because he's a Honda boy and same for his ride in '04 with BARf. Honda are responsible for the exit of Alesi and Villeneuve from F1. EJ wanted to keep Alesi, but Honda said no Sato, no Honda, what else was EJ going to do? Same with their deal with BARf, no Sato, less sponsorship $$. Companies pay $$$ to drivers who can successfully market their product, talent is a side issue. Check your facts before making such a statement.

shaun

Yes I have heard of the pay driver - but those are only the ones that nobody believes in them, therefore they have to pay to get a drive or otherwise mediocre drivers have to pay to drive because the mediocre teams do not have the money.

Great drivers? I have never heard of them.

If Honda is responsible for 2 drivers leaving F1, there are other teams in F1.

Companies pay drivers who can successfully drive and win races, therefore they get known and then market their products.

Without talent you should not be in F1.

My facts are:

Villeneauve could not even get a drive for 2004 even after Bernie Ecclestone offered him for FREE FREE FREE

Yes I have heard of the pay driver - but those are only the ones that nobody believes in them, therefore they have to pay to get a drive or otherwise mediocre drivers have to pay to drive because the mediocre teams do not have the money.

Great drivers? I have never heard of them.

If Honda is responsible for 2 drivers leaving F1, there are other teams in F1.

Companies pay drivers who can successfully drive and win races, therefore they get known and then market their products.

Without talent you should not be in F1.

My facts are:

Villeneauve could not even get a drive for 2004 even after Bernie Ecclestone offered him for FREE FREE FREE

When I quoted those drivers I was being sarcastic, seriously, couldn't you tell, because they were pathetic drivers with heaps and heaps of backing, thus making your point that all drivers with $$$ have talent and deserve a spot in f1 null and void, some drivers do, indeed M$ had to pay for his drive at Jordan through Mercedes and look at how successful he has become, but most don't. You're right when you without talent you should not be in f1. Yoong, Inoue, Deletraz and co had little if any talent but still got into f1 as their wallet size let them, at the expense of drivers with immense talent yet not enough $$, look how long it took Webber to get into F1, now that's a guy who got into F1 the hard way, but he's in and doing a great job. Companies paid drivers like Inoue and Yoong, but they did next to nothing in the sport except make a fool of themselves and their sponsors, why else did KL back out of a multiyear contract after one season, cos Yoong sucked donkey balls!!!

As for Villeneuve, he was offered for free by Bernie but all the teams, bar Jordan and Minardi and Jag had their driver line ups decided by the time he was publically released from BARf, stop letting your bias cloud your arguments. Jordan, Minardi and Jaguar all wanted drivers with $$$, thus Villeneuve indeed had nowhere to go, no matter who was offering him and for how much. The market will open up in '05 big time, especially if M$ retires, even if he doesn't reture it will open up but not to such an extent, then we'll see the worth of Villeneuve in F1. The Villeneuve name is a huge one, not only because of Jacques but because of his great father Gilles. Why else did BARf start?? Fact is without Villeneuve there wouldn't have been BARf as they wanted him to lead the team.

One other thing, Ferrari didnt want to extend Rubens' contract, but did so on the sheer insistence and pressure put on M$ to do so. Funnily enough this coincided with Ferrari stating they would have been interested in having negotiations with Villeneuve. Even Bernie said this, he said that Ferrari would have been interested but wouldn't because M$ wouldn't let them, Bernie's words, not mine. Your boy and his fans are scared s##tless at Jacques having a good car again. He doesn't know how lucky he is that JV wasted his talents at BARf. Some champion.

shaun

The exit of former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve is expected to be felt the most by Formula 1. The straight talking Canadian was one of the most charismatic and controversial drivers of his era. In a world of politically correctness and sponsor appeasement, Villeneuve was renown for speaking his mind. 

shaun

Another thing, they claim that his absence will hit F1 the most, due in part to his forthright nature and straight talking, who said personality counts for nothing?

shaun

I’d like to see Michael Schumacher get another drive outside Ferrari – He too has priced himself out of the market as no other team could afford him.

As for JV not getting a drive in 2004, it’s rather difficult to get a drive for the following season when you start negotiations after the penultimate race of the season with only two teams left with an undecided driver line-up, both of which you are not at all interested in signing for – JV was never going to sign for Jordan or Minardi.

I have a feeling that some events could unfold over the coming season which could mean JV will be back in 2005 – I predict at either Sauber, BAR, Toyota or (quite unlikely though) Williams, JV may be resigned.