Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

A Commendable idea

The GPDA is giving fans a chance to meet its members – Schumi, Webbo, Trulli and DC – and have a guided tour of the paddock. Fans at the Australian GP will be entered into the competition when they buy a small pin badge featuring Mark Webber’s helmet and all proceeds generated are to go to Brainwave Australia, which apparently helps kids with cancer. There are plans to launch similar competitions at other races throughout the calendar.

Yes it is a commendable idea, however I still feel the drivers should be more open and approachable to the fans without having to win a competition.

Yes it is a commendable idea, however I still feel the drivers should be more open and approachable to the fans without having to win a competition.

yeah i agree with you there, but I must say at least what they're trying to do is a start. Hopefully they're realising why Nascar is so popular. A good mixture of close racing and easy access to the inner sanctum for the fans. Here's to more of the same in F1. I know i'll be buying the Webber pin. There's a paddock pass up for grabs plus there's a good cause to which the money will be going to, its a win win situation for all.

shaun

was this Mark Weber's Idea? if so well BLOODY well done Mark.

Like his treak thought the wilderness of the west coast of Tassie in aid of a charity, a tough job but very well supported..

THIS is what F1 needs, closer contact with the drivers in any form