Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eric

Updates From The All-star Race...err Arca At Dega

ARCA Practice 1

I reckon yous all better take yourself a look at that there practice sheet for this here International Race o Champions, err ARCA race and spot some of them there prominent drivers, I reckon.

Prominent Drivers:

1: Frank Kimmel (1000-time champion, in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame...yes, a semi-pro East Coast/Midwest-only stock car racer is in the International Motorsports Hall of Fame. Beat that, bitches.) (Yes, I am trying to start something. I guess it's called baiting. If it works, I guess that makes me a master baiter.)

9: Colin Braun (Grand-Am, 17-year-old winner at Daytona 250 Grand-Am DP race, would've been champion if Marlboro wasn't stupid)

10: Michael McDowell (Grand-Am driver turned stock car racer, also has Champ Car starts, P2 in points, only one to give Kimmel a challenge)

11: Bobby Santos, III. (by now, you've gotta know him...local boy and a friend of mine...how does he add diversity? Uhh...he's my only friend in the series? And he's from Massachusetts...only one other driver is...anyway, the kid's good, so watch out)

13: Scott Speed (lyk3 t0t@11y gn@rly duuuuuud3!!!)

20: Dario Franchitti (winner of the 91st Indinapolis 500 and the 2007 IndyCar championship)

31: Erin Crocker (only one whose slept with her team owner, and the other one from Massachusetts)

33: Tim McCreadie (dirt Late Model dude...real men race on dirt...me and my pussy friends/competitors are mere mortals...we race on pavement :( )

47: Bobby Norfleet (No comment)

So, with that, I will continue the updates of the debut of Scott Speed and Dario Franchitti in stock cars. Also, updates on Santos putting them all in their places, as midget racers are also real men, regardless of dirt or pavement midgets. It's pretty awesome that he's beat an F1 driver and Indy 500 champion in a practice session (yeah, I'm just bragging...when really practice sessions at Dega mean absolutely nothing, and he does have an unfair advantage having actually driven a couple races before)

Starting Lineup

Check it out ma boys and girls...

5: Santos

6: Franchitti

7: Speed

Ma boy's done good! Speedy boy's beaten his best F1 start already! Wooooooo. This will be one effing awesome race.

Doesn't Bobby have more experience with tin-tops? If so, I'd be afraid that two guys that are very new are right on his heels....

Doesn't Bobby have more experience with tin-tops? If so, I'd be afraid that two guys that are very new are right on his heels....

He has about 5 ARCA races and 2 Busch races, so not that much more. His career originated in midgets.

Also, I wouldn't be afraid. Red Bull megabucks with Eddie Sharp Racing (team that put GrandAm dude McDowell in 2nd in points) and Chip Ganassi (who got pole with Clauson for this race) can put out much better cars and teams than Bill Davis Racing.

Yes, but aren't we talking about a spec series? Sure there's no such thing as 'equal' but still...I would have expected a bigger gap between two raw rookies and someone that has seen the inside of a stock car before....but that's just me and my warped view on it.

Yes, but aren't we talking about a spec series? Sure there's no such thing as 'equal' but still...I would have expected a bigger gap between two raw rookies and someone that has seen the inside of a stock car before....but that's just me and my warped view on it.

A spec series? By all means no! There is no such thing as spec series stock cars...COT comes close, but not quite...and ARCA runs a variety of bodies, ranging from 5 years old to current, so it is no where near a spec series.

And qualifying a stock car at Talladega doesn't mean much. Santos could have a 30th place car, Dario could have a 1st place car, and Speed could have a tricycle.

Scott ran in P3 for a good while, now around P8. Santos retired with an engine failure early. Dario's got the fastest car, around P10.

A spec series? By all means no! There is no such thing as spec series stock cars...COT comes close, but not quite...and ARCA runs a variety of bodies, ranging from 5 years old to current, so it is no where near a spec series.

And qualifying a stock car at Talladega doesn't mean much. Santos could have a 30th place car, Dario could have a 1st place car, and Speed could have a tricycle.

Ah, I see.

Scott finished seventh.

Santos' engine blew up on the second lap, he finished 41st.

Dario was around 17th. No idea what happened.

Did you get your nut watching Bobby blow his engine, what a chump. :wacko: