Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mikathegreat2

Intercontinental Rally Challenge

It's on ATM in Monte Carlo for the Rally Monte Carlo live on Eurosport 2! Will watch it cos the cars competing ATM will be the cars competing in WRC next year & there's a majority of cars too!

I agree about the snow, it's nice to see drivers tackling tricky conditions but that's going a long way too far and is really quite criminal.

Aside from that I'm happy to see Hirvonen leading, good lad.

Interesting championship to say the least, I'll be following this year in anyway that I can.

Shame Ogier retired like that, would have liked to see it go down to the wire, but congrats to Hirvonen. I'm actually pretty glad seeing as I bet a few quid on him winning! :P

Well done Mikko! If it was any other IRC rally it would mean nubbens to him but tWas the Monte Carlo Rally so it meant a bit more! Shame for Ogier who was very good in the long stages!

What I think about this though, is confused.

Think about it. Mikko Hirvonen, a new driver to the series, in a BRAND NEW CAR and he kicks everybody's arse that are more often in IRC. By my information, he was never out of 1st place during the rally. What does that say about the standard of some of IRC's drivers? Don't get me wrong, I think there are a lot of strong guys there, Meeke, Ogier etc, but for me, obviously there is a little while yet until some of these guys step up to WRC...

The IRC has plenty of good ideas, the traditional manufacturers/cars diversity, belloved traditional rallies (the Monty, Safari, San Remo), but lacks on the driver front.