Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monza gorilla

Oh Happy Day

It's the home of F1 bullsh1t. Most of what they turn out ends up being completely and utterly incorrect. I bet a London Taxi driver could give out stories that are more correct than PitPass!

Substantiate?

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about how Pitpass is 'F1 Bullsh!t' and 'completely and utterly incorrect'. I happen to like Pitpass and find that their news articles are not any more or less correct than any other news source. The real gems on that site are the opinion pieces. Anyway Chris Balfe is very committed to bringing accurate news articles.

EDIT: In addition, I have to say that most people are clueless as to how the reporting world works. Everyone is so used to reading the polito-crap that teams/politicians put out that they don't remember what real reporting is like. Real reporting, like what was done is newspapers pre-80's, was all about reporting a story as it happens. This involves daily research and daily revisions of facts. I miss that kind of reporting and applaud GrandPrix.com and Pitpass for doing it.

How about this: "Bruno Senna is set to drive for Lotus F1 this season"-after Bruno was announced at Campos AND both Lotus drivers had been announced. Then there was the "Ferrari cheated around the testing ban" scandal story, which was so full of truth it disappeared after a week. Then there's this, was clealy so well researched that, er, it's not true. Heck, I'd say even News of the World had more truth in the stories they publish, and that's saying something.

This involves daily research and daily revisions of facts.

PitPass do that? :blink:

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about how Pitpass is 'F1 Bullsh!t' and 'completely and utterly incorrect'. I happen to like Pitpass and find that their news articles are not any more or less correct than any other news source. The real gems on that site are the opinion pieces. Anyway Chris Balfe is very committed to bringing accurate news articles.

EDIT: In addition, I have to say that most people are clueless as to how the reporting world works. Everyone is so used to reading the polito-crap that teams/politicians put out that they don't remember what real reporting is like. Real reporting, like what was done is newspapers pre-80's, was all about reporting a story as it happens. This involves daily research and daily revisions of facts. I miss that kind of reporting and applaud GrandPrix.com and Pitpass for doing it.

Well, the closest I can think of for that is Twitter...

Ok. Life is too short.

Nick Fry is a hottie when he wears sunglasses.

I feel better now. Thanks.

How about this: "Bruno Senna is set to drive for Lotus F1 this season"-after Bruno was announced at Campos AND both Lotus drivers had been announced. Then there was the "Ferrari cheated around the testing ban" scandal story, which was so full of truth it disappeared after a week. Then there's this, was clealy so well researched that, er, it's not true. Heck, I'd say even News of the World had more truth in the stories they publish, and that's saying something.

Considering you're the one with the burden of proof, would you mind posting a link to those articles so I can check the dates and content?

Well, the closest I can think of for that is Twitter...

Ha!

Considering you're the one with the burden of proof, would you mind posting a link to those articles so I can check the dates and content?

Nope. Considering their monumental cack handed c0ck-ups in all those examples, it is prehaps no suprise to find that as such, all offending articles have since been taken down.

:rolleyes:

Then there's this, was clealy so well researched that, er, it's not true.

But it is true, as I have shown above, and as is clear on reading the article. The fact that it is unimportant is neither here nor there. Were the pieces you referred to presented as opinion or fact?

Seeing as both Mercedes and Nick Fry himself have said it's not true, it's not true. Given a chance, I'd take Mercedes' word on this a million times more than the crap PitPass put out.

Ah, but they haven't said that at all. They just say that Nick Fry is CEO of Merc GP. Nobody has said otherwise. In fact their statements dovetail neatly with the article (in it's current form).

Exactly. So PitPass with their "Nick Fry out of Mercedes GP" story were completely incorrect YET AGAIN.

I think the lesson trying to be taught here is, back up your claims or go down in flames. Some people still guzzle fuel even when they are on fire.

Fair point. Some of those examples were just ones off the top of my head that I remember seeing over the past few months. Without wishing to spent time digging for them I just thought I'd name check some I presumed others might have seen.

Fair point. Some of those examples were just ones off the top of my head that I remember seeing over the past few months. Without wishing to spent time digging for them I just thought I'd name check some I presumed others might have seen.

They do sound familiar, but so often people can misinterpret or misread an article then claim said article was biased, wrong, etc. In the case of Bruno Senna, there was a lot of speculation around where he would go and often he was linked with different teams at the same time (thank whomever was handling his press releases)...as a result, I find it easy to believe that any article about Bruno would be a 'this is the latest in the saga' sort of thing...not to be taken as definite. That's why it would be helpful to have us re-read those articles to see if you're on the money with your claim or if you've missed something. Now, we're left either trusting you, digging through pitpass or just saying to hell with it.

I say to hell with it. If you don't like pitpass, have a good trip.

I'm sorry, I just find most of what PitPass publishes a bit hard to believe, let's say it's not my top 5 places to visit when I want to get some news. But I don't have anything against other people using it, just wanted to express how I felt.