Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HandyNZL

Try Of The Year

This is footage of the match winning try on Sunday just gone for my Warriors over the Roosters. This is called not giving up. Warriors were down 18-8 with six minutes to play. This was in the last minute of play.

It's not the flashiest try of the year, but damn it, it's the one with the most heart.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-EhXx8OSJY

Prepare to go...owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I was going to make this post:

In matters pertaining to Alonso, "Cry of the Year" would be more appropriate. ;)

But then I realized a bunch of whiny princesses would bring their F1 trash into The Café and pollute this thread so the post I really made:

Ow. Good effort. The scoring makes no sense. How did 18-8 become 18-18? 10 points for that? So how did they get 8? Kicking it through the thingies? But yes, that was a very nice effort and it's a shame he had to get injured doing it.

I was going to make this post:

In matters pertaining to Alonso, "Cry of the Year" would be more appropriate. ;)

But then I realized a bunch of whiny princesses would bring their F1 trash into The Café and pollute this thread so the post I really made:

Ow. Good effort. The scoring makes no sense. How did 18-8 become 18-18? 10 points for that? So how did they get 8? Kicking it through the thingies? But yes, that was a very nice effort and it's a shame he had to get injured doing it.

They scored another try a few minutes before. Just for you, Eric, the scoring is:

4 points for a try

2 points for kicking a conversion of the try

2 points for a penalty goal

1 point for a drop goal

Of the rugby codes, league is closest to 'merican footy, in that they have six goes to make the length of the field and score a try before they have to kick it away to the opposition. So imagine a NFL highlight reel for a full 80-mins.