Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Taku

Magny Cours - Fun or flop?

so what did we think of the french race?

another boring schuey-fest, or a splendid display of tactical nous played out on the chessboard that was the magny cours racetrack?

i for one found it pretty bloody boring at times, esp at the race director's habit of focusing on the 2 frontrunners for 80% of the race, and even boring us with multiple slow-mo shots of the 2. nice for a change here and there to see the boys' 2 diff styles riding the kerbs, but to constantly go to that shot? overkill imo.

the best part was the 2 very brief moments of the battles between trulli, button and reubens that was actually shown. as i understand from martin & james, there was plenty other action on the track, especially where the new mclarens were. but it was alonso & schuey from the very start and they were followed practically all the way from the first corners to the last. once again let down by the race director..

I agree Taku, but hell WHEN has F1 not been boring in the last few years ?

But I have to say ( I am NOT an M.S. fan at all ) BUT the tactics he and Braun developed were exciting to say the least. I WONDER how many other drivers that Braun could have asked to "speed it up a bit as this is what I think we should do" -- answer very few if any !!

Love him or hate him Michael is a race managers dream come true. Much to the disappointment of every other driver. I didnt see/hear R.B. being offered the same tactics !!

the race was ok there was some good racing but we did not get to see it all but yea there were also some boring parts

F1 as we know it nowadays is not just about racing... this race for 1 was good for the tactical way in which it was won... ...

the race was ok there was some good racing but we did not get to see it all but yea there were also some boring parts

I think you

there were more than two its just that we only got to see two.

for MY personal enjoyment and I think F1 overall,

1. Scrap the re-fuelling stops ( takes away the team strategy situation)

2. LIMIT the number of tyres to be used during Qualifying / Racing to maybe 2 sets

3. Make the DRIVERS, DRIVE the car. i.e. change gear, depress a clutch pedal, no traction control, no start line launching, and a V8 2 litre engine

What do you guys think ?

a pretty boring race as a whole. But I have to stand up and applaud both Ross and Michael for a very aggressive strategy that paid off big time. They could only do such a thing with Michael driving and it was reminsicent of his superb drive at Hungary 98. Good drive by Webber, who finshed ahead of Gene who had a dire weekend, but then again, the whole Williams team did.

But I have to say ( I am NOT an M.S. fan at all ) BUT the tactics he and Braun developed were exciting to say the least. I WONDER how many other drivers that Braun could have asked to "speed it up a bit as this is what I think we should do" --  answer  very few if any !!

Love him or hate him Michael is a race managers dream come true.  Much to the disappointment of every other driver. I didnt see/hear R.B. being offered the same tactics !!

yes it was jaw-dropping to see him pull those 1.15.5 's when alonso pitted and then when we thought ferrari had made a mess of it he did the business again to come out some 4 + (was it even more?) secs in the lead after his final stop.

that was awe-inspiring, but apart from that showy little display of out-of-this-worldness it would have been good to see the midfield battle where the real drama was at. and i don't mean the slow-mo ride-the-curbs kinda drama..

If you never saw them how do you know there were more than two

I'm with the technical nous deal, but I must have V10s in the back...No risk, no fun, and seeing him pull out those fast laps were amazing...vintage Schumacher...

If you never saw them how do you know there were more than two…All the cars just remained in an unaltered `train`, and were then jumbled up a bit after the stops but there was very little overtaking…

heres just a few

Bruni on Zolt because Zolt was in frount of Bruni and the Bruni got Zolt the next lap, M$ passed Webber after comeing out of the pits after his first stop, Panis coming back passed the Minardis after a bad start, BR on trulli (as we all sore), Webber on Gene, Webber on Kline. DC on the first lap.

for MY personal enjoyment and I think F1 overall,

1. Scrap the re-fuelling stops ( takes away the team strategy situation)

2. LIMIT the number of tyres to be used during Qualifying / Racing to maybe 2 sets

3. Make the DRIVERS, DRIVE the car. i.e. change gear, depress a clutch pedal, no traction control, no start line launching, and a V8 2 litre engine

What do you guys think ?

i think that they need to keep the pit stops because it add some more fun to the race. maby thay should limet the amount of tyers used every week end to maby 12 sets per driver but they need to keep the V10s, V8 :roll: weres the Fun it that

spectator running on the track... he looked pretty stupid, yet I wonder what he was protesting.

spectator running on the track... he looked pretty stupid, yet I wonder what he was protesting.

he was saying some s##t about the world ending in a week? what a tosser

and yes i don know that 12 sets is 48 but how many sets do they use now?

Nah, defineatly Scottish, after all he was wearing a Kilt...

and yes i don know that 12 sets is 48 but how many sets do they use now?

Less than that, not time to check right no I think it is 6. 12 sets are you kidding.