Clicky

Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Senna

Jacques Q & A

Recommended Posts

from jv-world.com:

Jacques Q & A

After testing finished on Wednesday, Jacques spoke to the press at Silverstone. Here's what he had to say...

Did you ever begin to think that you might not have a drive for next season?

JV: "It looked like it but I'm generally not a negative person. I always believe the best will happen, in the past that didn't always show but you just can't give up. I have been training hard since February-March and something had to happen because training for nothing is very difficult."

How was driving the Renault?

JV: "I was expecting it to be more difficult physically, but I've been training really hard and that paid off. We didn't work much on the car set-up itself but concentrated on making my driving position comfortable in the car."

Did you enjoy it?

JV: "Yes I did, it was fast. The times are three seconds faster than last year, but visually it doesn't look faster because the car is good, the engine is good and the tyres are good."

What have Renault said they expect from you from this test and the final three races?

JV: "Nothing has been said, right now we're testing - that's all that matters. The main thing is to settle in, work on the seating position and get everything perfect so if we do get to race then everything will be perfect. Renault's goal is just to beat BAR and to be second in the constructors' championship."

How would it feel to beat BAR?

JV: "It would be great, just because of the way it ended with them."

When did the team first phone you?

JV: "We haven't been talking to Sauber that long but it was the only team that seriously treated me with respect, unlike the other teams we've been speaking to since March. My priority was to join a team that doesn't have lots of internal politics and so Sauber is ideal."

Is there a non-political team in F1?

JV: "It depends what you call political. There is political "aggressive" where everybody hates each other and there is a lot of negativity that goes out. But even teams that don't look political, might be, but it is done in a positive way that it doesn't annoy anybody. That is more what I meant. I don't know if they are political or not but it looks like they are not at all and if they are, then it is in a positive way, so that is good."

Is the Sauber/Ferrari connection an important factor?

JV: "I am not sure how big the connection is but it seems to be very good, so that is nice. But I am not joining a team thinking it will bring me to another team afterwards. That would be the wrong way of working."

When did Renault first contact you?

JV: "That wasn't long ago and it all happened very fast. Ask Flavio how fast."

Have you missed Formula 1?

JV: "I had a great time. I think I needed the break so I guess I will have to thank David [Richards] for that!"

You said you would only come back full time in a really competitive team, do you think Sauber are?

JV: "Well, their wind tunnel is going to make a big difference. Of course at the moment they're not fighting at the front but we can work positively, it's a two-year deal so there is time to do something good. That doesn't mean we will win races, but if you can keep improving that's great. I am sure some good things can be done with their new wind tunnel."

Is there a test planned for Sauber?

JV: "Not for the moment, right now I'm in a contract with Renault. The Sauber contract has been signed but not until November am I a Sauber driver. It is a contract for next season."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A HA! So, JV might as well say he's driving the last three races... I'm glad he's back and a great interview at that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great to hear from Jacques again. As at Goodwood, he sounds so refreshed, chilled, and glad to be back. Had to laugh when he thanked DR for the year off though. :lol: He praised Alonso a fair bit there, the boy must be something special then :wink: :lol: (tongue-in-cheek there folks!!) I think the answer re. why Sauber is answered well in relation to the no politics answer, plus the new wind tunnel helps. I think come the end of his tenure there they'll be up there, and JV can say he helped build that team should it get to the top someday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sauber's first win with JV next year? I'd be happy. I like Sauber, they're just right in the middle, also having colorful cars. I hope they do well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish, I wish...

That at the end, Fisicho stays at Sauber and JV at Renault.

Lets see what happen the next races,

Please, please

------------------------

Next year renault could be a real winner...They need someone with experience and maturity, Please JV Stay!

Greetings from Mexico City

Edward Capdeville

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wish, I wish...

That at the end, Fisicho stays at Sauber and JV at Renault.

Lets see what happen the next races, 

Please, please

------------------------

Next year renault could be a real winner...They need someone with experience and maturity, Please JV Stay!

My sentiments exactly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JV can say he helped build that team should it get to the top someday.

Unfortunately JV will most likely have retired by then. Toyota will get stronger every year and Ferrari, Williams, McLaren, Renault and BAR will all be quicker than the Sauber. Thus it looks like all JV can hope from a typical race in 2005 is to score 1 point, and to be honest he

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

here's another JV Q&A, from atlasf1.com. It's a little long, so apologies, but the JV fans won't mind :)

Following his second day of testing for Renault, former World Champion Jacques Villeneuve met the press this evening at the Silverstone track.

Q: You seem very relaxed and very chilled out. Is that how you actually feel?

Jacques Villeneuve:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...