Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakae

Bahrain 2021

Race 1

It's booked as a race, whereas I think it's some more testing with points at the end of rainbow.

What I am expecting:

1. Unpredictability in the front.
  2. Traffic jam in the middle.
  3. Stroll will do from so-so up to well, Sebastian will struggle. Possible DNF. AM will end up as disappointment for those who expected too much. (P6 or P7 when this is over.)
  4. Car testing and debugging continue for just about everyone on the grid. Thank you duo Brawn and Todt.

11 hours ago, Sakae said:

Race 1

It's booked as a race, whereas I think it's some more testing with points at the end of rainbow.

What I am expecting:

1. Unpredictability in the front.
  2. Traffic jam in the middle.
  3. Stroll will do from so-so up to well, Sebastian will struggle. Possible DNF. AM will end up as disappointment for those who expected too much. (P6 or P7 when this is over.)
  4. Car testing and debugging continue for just about everyone on the grid. Thank you duo Brawn and Todt.

This sounds too depressing.

Let's hope for better

1 hour ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Do you recall what did I tell you about it? You were far more optimistic based on drivers experience. That's driver's side. Second, just as important factor is totality of car (characteristics, setup, etc.).

37 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Do you recall what did I tell you about it? You were far more optimistic based on drivers experience. That's driver's side. Second, just as important factor is totality of car (characteristics, setup, etc.).

True

Just hoping Sakae. Seb just needs a break man. And I don't think sabbatical, I like him to stay on the grid

27 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

True

Just hoping Sakae. Seb just needs a break man. And I don't think sabbatical, I like him to stay on the grid

Sure thing, but my point was expressed as critique of low, very low (IMO) preparatory time 1.5 days represented this year. Add reliability issues, and Seb has similar, if not the same mess on his hands he was in 2014 right from the begging. DR was cruising, and Seb in the garage was watching paint to dry. His mindset was shot, and this story didn't end up well. Rest is history.

(Machine is "correcting" my spelling...)

Predictions.

This is predominantly English page, so no big surprises in commentaries, but some interesting guessess.

Notable - AM is introduced only sparsely, and as very weak signal at the Mars like distance. I think the testing results pour cold water on expectations.

I don't want to guess who will win the race, but I dare to think Hamilton on the top is not sure thing this time around. Many will try their best, no doubt about it. Sebastian Vettel hopes that his season beggins at Monaco, maybe Azerbaian or thereabout. His first few races - just get to know you. 

I am actually happy we are back to normal. 

12 hours ago, Sakae said:

Predictions.

This is predominantly English page, so no big surprises in commentaries, but some interesting guessess.

Notable - AM is introduced only sparsely, and as very weak signal at the Mars like distance. I think the testing results pour cold water on expectations.

I don't want to guess who will win the race, but I dare to think Hamilton on the top is not sure thing this time around. Many will try their best, no doubt about it. Sebastian Vettel hopes that his season beggins at Monaco, maybe Azerbaian or thereabout. His first few races - just get to know you. 

I am actually happy we are back to normal. 

I'm quietly confident  Sakae. I think the car has some speed, and I think they will definately recover from the testing episode.

They rank AM quite high, rightly so I reckon

7 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

I'm quietly confident  Sakae. I think the car has some speed, and I think they will definately recover from the testing episode.

Well, one only can hope for drivers and theirs fans sake. I don't want to project myself around here as an irrational individual, but for some unexplained reason I remain highly sceptical. Take a note please, that after testing AM is relatively quiet. Compare it to this:

WOLFF: AFTER A TOUGH TEST, I KNOW THAT WE CAN FIGHT BACK

8 minutes ago, Sakae said:

Well, one only can hope for drivers and theirs fans sake. I don't want to project myself around here as an irrational individual, but for some unexplained reason I remain highly sceptical. Take a note please, that after testing AM is relatively quiet. Compare it to this:

Based on testing, you have reason to.

I'm just being hopeful... still

P2 might be perhaps better representative of pecking order. First impression (and I could be wrong) I have, AM can forget this year about slotting in as P3-team in final scorring in December.

36 minutes ago, Sakae said:

P2 might be perhaps better representative of pecking order. First impression (and I could be wrong) I have, AM can forget this year about slotting in as P3-team in final scorring in December.

How many laps for Seb?

25 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Let's see 2nd Practise

Sebastian actually said during an interview that he expect more clarity in P3. (Which is quite normal, it's just my patience is wearing thin.) I was glad he wasn't in last place, despite that P12 is nothing to be proud off for a team which wants to stay on the top.

In my early prediction I thought Williams will be last, but now it is becoming more clear that honour of that kind will go to Haas.

...geez this software is really changing my spelling.

3 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

well, look where Alpine is at the mo.

Cyril will probably laugh if they stay there

Yeah, well, this year we had this insane (lack of) testing (if you can call it that way in the first place), so we don't know as yet what teams are doing. My guess is - catching up. Alpine must have alarms going on all over.

5 minutes ago, BradSpeedMan said:

Now Sainz seem to be ,4-5 sec off Leclerc. The guy aint THAT fast. There is disparity already

Sainz is predicting close battle

I will be interested about delta between those two after a few races.

Perez, Vettel, Sainz, Yuki, Mick...maybe to judge in Monaco race or soon after. McLaren is also showing some distorted numbers.

Young hopeful taking a car for a spin: He choose to do it in Turn 7

The balance is all over the ***** place! 
Nikita Mazepin, Haas

This is going to be fun with this fellow.

Well, all is not clear. Yuki is up, so is Mick, and so is Max. Good and good.

Stroll Jr. is up, Seb seems to like start as back as possible. To be fair, I have no idea whether he was testing speed under full load of fuel, but 4 laps... gap between both teammates is just too much.

I am in real pain with these cuts on testing and development.