Clicky

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monty

Autosport: Raikkonen Adopts Gamesmanship

WOW, calm down gentlemen. I did not expect such a beating....

How else do you explain all the incidents with MS, Damon has to be at fault, it could not have been the fault of a young and pushy MS trying to make a name for himself....

I know Damon was one of the last gentlemen of the sport, DC is the last true gentlemen left. Hill bowed out gracefully and the last couple of years could have yelled and screamed after being left out in the cold for no reason. He then tried to survive with lesser teams and came close to showing them his true worth a few times.

He came into F1 late with minimal experience did well the first 3 years or so and for some unknown reason was forced out to soon.

This generation has lost something, some are polite and seen genuinely nice, but they could learn a thing or two from the likes of Hill, DC, Senna and Sir Jackie!!

I did not mean to get you guys so fired up. Sorry

Well said - Senna was not much of a statesman in his day, ask Alain Prost, Nigel Mansell and Eddie Irvine.

Damon Hill and Sir Jackie were true gentlemen.

Well, at one stage or another, drivers will be trying so desperately hard to achieve something, that they won't be too fussed about the driver infront of them, they lose their manners once their competitive edge comes out. It happens to all drivers.

JS.

Well, at one stage or another, drivers will be trying so desperately hard to achieve something, that they won't be too fussed about the driver infront of them, they lose their manners once their competitive edge comes out. It happens to all drivers.

JS.

The point is Kennye gave a totally inaccurate description of Damon Hill.

The point is Kennye gave a totally inaccurate description of Damon Hill.

Indeed. I watched Top Gear when he was "The celebrity in a reasonably priced car" and they made to make a new leader board for him, top class bloke.

Indeed. I watched Top Gear when he was "The celebrity in a reasonably priced car" and they made to make a new leader board for him, top class bloke.

Yeah he was very humble - He was sweating like a rapist though :D

I should hope so though!

"I suppose then we can say schumacher isnt a real champion, and is a complete b#####d, cos he rammed damon hill in 1994"

I've been saying that for a few years now, just add Jerez '97 to Adelaide '94. As for this whole Kimi bringing dirt onto the track, if this is indeed true, then it's all gamemanship as the article's header state and is nothing new. It's not as if he took Alonso out of the race by driving into him or something. As for Hill being a dirty driver, I don't think there is a shred of evidence to support that.